StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Using variable in exit setup<< >>Post Follow-up
epsimpson
5 posts
msg #122031
Ignore epsimpson
11/19/2014 3:42:32 PM

Hello.

I would like to use variables in my exit setup. For example, if price crosses below the 6 day low at the time of buying. Is this possible?

Thanks.

zeezeetop
30 posts
msg #122169
Ignore zeezeetop
12/7/2014 10:47:36 PM

Not sure what you are asking. Here's a three day scalper scan(similar to John Carter strategy in TOS):

Close 2 days ago < Close 3 days ago
Close 1 days ago < Close 2 days ago
Close < Close 1 days ago

fetchitnow
3 posts
msg #122614
Ignore fetchitnow
1/26/2015 11:45:26 AM

esinpson, did you ever find out how to do this?

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #122618
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
1/26/2015 12:43:47 PM

I'm copying a post I just made on this topic:

This cannot currently be done. It has been requested numerous times but SF has no plans to implement anything like this (any variable that stores the value of another variable for a specific date).

StrataSearch has a function that does this - ValueWhen(). It will calculate the specific value you want for a given date, usually the date of signal generation, but it can look back beyond that as well.

wantonellis
155 posts
msg #122654
Ignore wantonellis
modified
1/28/2015 12:30:51 PM

http://www.stockfetcher.com/forums/Announcements/Backtesting-Reference-Entry-Date-Values/122299

price crossed below DATE(ENTRY, low 6 day low)

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Using variable in exit setup<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.