StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · WHAT'S YOUIR ENTRY TRIGGER?<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
hraghav
12 posts
msg #65349
Ignore hraghav
7/23/2008 12:30:42 AM

Avery:

This filter is not a true buy-close-sell-open filter is it? The selection criteria checks for gapfills; instead shouldn't it be selecting on gappedup100? Just trying to understand the filter better...

decipherlinda
133 posts
msg #65354
Ignore decipherlinda
7/23/2008 9:10:47 AM

For every silent person like me regarding your great contribution, plan on there being dozens (or more) who don't have a forum like this thread to let you know how much we, the silent ones, appreciate your contribution.

BTW, what a great idea for a thread! Just bringing up the issue has helped me understand a lot more today! I'm sure that's why you did it.

miketranz
956 posts
msg #65355
Ignore miketranz
7/23/2008 9:20:44 AM

Avery,now if you can just explain to us in English how to apply this filter in simple terms,we might be able to use it.lol.......

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #65359
Ignore maxreturn
modified
7/23/2008 12:14:48 PM

I am a swing trader who trades off daily charts. I like to go long above the previous high when there has been at least a 2-3 day pullback. In order to be a valid entry price must first decline into a support level and/or key fib level. Flip the above around when shorting. Here's the key....my accuracy rate has improved significantly since using heiken ashi charts and trading off those daily highs and lows.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #65448
Ignore TheRumpledOne
7/26/2008 3:34:57 AM

The only reason I posted a filter in this thread was because someone asked for it and I get accused of NOT HELPING people and/or of being RUDE, CONDESCENDING, etc....

Hundreds, if not thousands, of filters have been posted but there has been very little discussion of ENTRY TRIGGERS.

The Buy Close/Sell Open filter just finds and displays stocks that have a tendency to gap up. So if that's the type of trading you like to do that's the filter for you.

StockHolyGrail used to buy DYN at the close for about $1 and sell it the next day at the open for $1.05 - $1.10. That's a 5% - 10% return on your money!! My filter looks for stocks like that.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #65449
Ignore TheRumpledOne
7/26/2008 3:44:59 AM

"This filter is not a true buy-close-sell-open filter is it? The selection criteria checks for gapfills; instead shouldn't it be selecting on gappedup100? Just trying to understand the filter better..."

There is more than one way to approach this and yours is one of them.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #65450
Ignore TheRumpledOne
7/26/2008 4:10:09 AM

miketranz
- Ignore miketranz 7/23/2008 9:20:44 AM

Avery,now if you can just explain to us in English how to apply this filter in simple terms,we might be able to use it.lol.......
=========================================================

You asked for this filter to be made clickable, miketranz.

Buy the stock that has the best "gap up filled" to "gapped up" ratio right before the close and sell on the open the next trading session.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · WHAT'S YOUIR ENTRY TRIGGER?<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.