StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · WatchList Question<< >>Post Follow-up
mslattery@dc.rr.com
91 posts
msg #98948
Ignore mslattery@dc.rr.com
2/7/2011 5:15:07 PM

I have a manual watch List that I used to screen stocks for Technical parameters.

These are all basic test to determine strength.

One of these filters is looking at the close vs moving averages.

Fetcher[Show stocks where the close > ma(10)
and ma(10) > ema(30)
and ema(30) > ma(200)
draw ma(10)
draw ema(30)
draw ma(200)
]

I am just setting this system up and one of the first stocks that I entered into the watch list was TXN.

This stock meets all of the requirements of the MA filter above, but did not trigger the filter within this watch list?

Can someone from SF please advise me at to what is wrong? Watch list name is "Technical."

Thanks, Michael

Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #98951
Ignore Mactheriverrat
2/7/2011 10:20:59 PM

add
show stocks where the StochRSI(14,14) crossed above 0.50
and close is between 34 and 36

or

add
show stocks where the momentum(12) has reached a new 2 day high
and close is between 34 and 36

mslattery@dc.rr.com
91 posts
msg #98964
Ignore mslattery@dc.rr.com
2/8/2011 6:11:30 PM

I don't want an RSI indicator.

The filter already is requesting stocks above the 10 day moving avg.
That should be enough to trigger the filter?
It works fine as a stand alone filter but seems to be very iffy when used as a watch list filter.

Are you with SF?

Thanks Michael

Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #98966
Ignore Mactheriverrat
2/8/2011 8:32:00 PM

OK

and no I'm not with SF

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · WatchList Question<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.