StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Weekly Display Data<< >>Post Follow-up
edacly
28 posts
msg #59219
Ignore edacly
1/22/2008 8:08:44 AM

Is data displayed on the weekly display current ?

I asked this question in the past and and believe that the answer was "yes" (although I cannot find a record of the question and answer under the General Discussion Forum). In looking at a current weekly display on 1/22/2008, I don't understand.

Here is my problem.

On a display done on the morning of January 22, 2008, 2 candlesticks show.

The first candlestick appears on top of the 2008 date at the bottom of the display. I would assume that candlestick is for data from the week of December 31, 2007 through January 4, 2008.

The second, and last, candlestick I would then assume is for data from the week of January 7, 2008 through January 11, 2008.

If the above assumptions are correct, then the weekly display done on January 22, 2008 does not show data for the week of January 14 through January 18, 2008.

Are the above assumptions correct ?

If data for the weekly display is current, why are (at most) only 2 candlesticks shown for January 2008 ?

If the weekly display is current, where do I find the data for the week of January 14 through January 18, 2008 ? Or how do I interpret where the data is for the weeks of (1) December 31, 2007 through January 4, 2008, (2) January 7, 2008 through January 11, 2008 and (3) January 14, 2008 through January 18, 2008 ?

If data on the weekly display is not current, is there any way to get a weekly display with data that is current ?

edacly
28 posts
msg #59237
Ignore edacly
1/22/2008 12:06:45 PM

After market open today, a distinctly separate third candle has appeared and in addition there are now 2 ticks above 2008 at the bottom of the weekly display (before market open this morning there was only one tick above "2008").

So for the third candle, what are the dates for which that candle stands ? The third week of January includes the days 1/14 - 1/18 on the calendar. Is that the date of the data used to compute the third candle ? If that were to be the case, and a third candle first appeared after market open today, then I would expect that a fourth candle would not appear until after start of market open next Monday (1/28). Which would mean that the candles lagged behind the actual data by one week.

Or will a fourth candle appear before then sometime during this week ? I hope this does not sound too stupid. However if the first candle was computed using data from 12/31 - 1/4, the second candle using data from 1/7 - 1/11, and the third candle using data from 1/14 - 1/18, then I am confused.

That is, why would we not be at the start of showing the fourth candle sometime today since today is the fourth week in January 2008, that is would the fourth candle not visually represent data for days 1/22 (today) - 1/25 ?

Thanks for your help and patience.

edacly
28 posts
msg #59238
Ignore edacly
1/22/2008 12:15:40 PM

Or is the scheme of things that the weekly data is not posted to update the file (display) until after the data for the entire week is completed ?

In which case I would have expected to see the third candle appear after the market close on Friday January 18 (last day in the third calendar week for January 2008) when the daily data is posted.

Which would then mean, I think, that the data seen visually on the weekly display is behind anywhere from 1-5 days as the week progresses.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Weekly Display Data<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.