StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Weekly RSI(2)<< >>Post Follow-up
oldsmar52
104 posts
msg #113470
Ignore oldsmar52
modified
5/16/2013 3:07:28 PM

When I look at the movement on a chart of the weekly RSI(2), I've noticed that the upturn or the downturn of it ONLY happens on a Monday!! Could anyone explain to me why that would be? And, for whatever reason, the same happens with a weekly williams %. Can't imagine why the up or downturn wouldn't show on any given day of the week. Thanks for any explanation, Frank

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #113475
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
5/16/2013 4:33:06 PM

Are you adding the phrase "chart-display is weekly" to your filter? If not the weekly data will not plot normally on daily plots.

I think they are OK if you use the numberical value in a column ("add column weekly RSI(2)").

oldsmar52
104 posts
msg #113502
Ignore oldsmar52
modified
5/17/2013 11:57:18 AM

First off, thanks for response Kevin. This is what I've come up with & been watching for only a week or so & think it shows some good possibilites. What I wanted to look for was/is divergence between weekly RSI(2) & weekly williams %r(2). For the most part, when I see that, its probably ready for a pop up. This is what I've been watching & sorry, I don't know how to make it clickable. Kevin or anyone care to comment on it? Thanks for any response, Frank

Show stocks where Weekly RSI(2) is below weekly RSI(2) one day ago
And Weekly Williams %R(2) is above Weekly Williams %R(2) one day ago
And average daily volume(90) is above 100000
And close is between 5 and 20
And volume is 50% above average daily volume(90)
And add column industry

As for an entry price, when divergence is there, what seems best is to wait for a close above the previous day.
Having said what I look for, for some reason, some stocks show up where the weekly RSI(2) is above one day ago & that is not what I've asked for. Don't know why.

four
5,087 posts
msg #113504
Ignore four
modified
5/17/2013 12:28:20 PM

TYPE: Fetcher
then put code inside [ ]

-----

Fetcher[
Show stocks where Weekly RSI(2) is below weekly RSI(2) one day ago
And Weekly Williams %R(2) is above Weekly Williams %R(2) one day ago
And average daily volume(90) is above 100000
And close is between 5 and 20
And volume is 50% above average daily volume(90)
And add column industry
]

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Weekly RSI(2)<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.