StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · What is the Holy Grail worth if found?<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
cabogordon
88 posts
msg #76196
Ignore cabogordon
7/9/2009 2:08:14 PM

Gentlemen,

I'm very green, but a hard worker. I have been trying to find a system that works in bull and bear markets. I've literally gone through 100 plus filters as well reading 1000's of yours posts on SF. After working 90 hours a week for the last 2 months. I found something thats working or " back testing " very well. I wanted to explain it to you guys , so you could challenge it , poke at it and maybe get a good laugh at my expense, sorry about spelling and grammer..

the strategy is for GOING SHORT in any market: lets call it " GET SHORTY "

Here it is.

1. I run a simple filter to find the highest RSI stocks: filer was provided by Mary4Money. The filter is at the bottom if you want it.

2. I then pull up a daily chart with RSI , MACD and Volume.

*** the stock must be above the top bracket useing " linear regression ( setting 65-1 ) " this is KEY.......

3. I pull up the stock with the highest RSI . Usually 99.1 or higher, i like stocks over 20 bucks

4. The daily chart tells me if still has some gas ,or are the candles still green is their wick, the macd tells me if it crossed over , linear regression lets me know if it peaked out and over the top bracket or channel.

5. My experiece tells me that after they show up on my filter they still have a little momo in them, maybe a day or 2 at must.

*** A doji usually shows up signaling a reversal

** I only enter the trade if macd cross over and it hits or go above top brakcet useing LR.

6. I then open one screen ( e-signal ) on the daily and a second screen on 60 min chart. once the daily looks top heavy my eyes move over to the 60 min and 15 min to enter

7. My stop loss is always set one dollar above the entry point to give myself some room. I might even add to it ... If you I follow the strategy and don't enter until all my signals set up... it should be high return low risk trade.

I will start trading it this week with 100 shares trades to test it against the mental part of my trading head... you know the empty one from to much sun, surf and cerveza.

It also might work useing stocks that reached 52wk highs.

Thats it... what do you guys think ...

filter: for finidng high RSI stocks: (sure you guys have it or one like it )

rsi(2) power scan and average volume(30) above 750000 and stock is optionable and add column rsi(2) and add column rsi(2) 1 day ago and add column rsi(2) 2 days ago and add column rsi(2) 3 days ago and add column rsi(2) 4 days ago and add column rsi(2) 5 days ago and add column rsi(2) 6 days ago and add column rsi(2) 7 days ago and add column rsi(2) 8 days ago and add column rsi(2) 9 days ago and add column rsi(2) 10 days ago and add column rsi(2) 11 days ago and add column rsi(2) 12 days ago and aff column rsi(2) 13 days ago and add column rsi(2) 14 days ago and add column rsi(2) 15 days ago and add column rsi(2) 16 days ago and add column rsi(2) 17 days ago and and set{sm%, weekly atr(8)/ weekly close(8)} and add column sm% and close above 0.60

Walid
130 posts
msg #76203
Ignore Walid
7/9/2009 3:59:04 PM

I think you should start your own thread. You seem like someone who is doing his homework and offering something for more thoughts and verification. In my opinion, the thread you posting in - this thread - is a fraud attempt.

miketranz
956 posts
msg #76219
Ignore miketranz
7/9/2009 10:23:32 PM

Who has the "Holy Grail"? Merill,Goldman,just to name a few.Insiders,market manipulators,scam artists,all have a piece of it.How is that possible?They make things happen,know whats going to happen,and profit from what is about to happened at expense of the public.If anyone thinks their there for any other reason,wake up and smell the coffee.........

marine2
963 posts
msg #76231
Ignore marine2
7/10/2009 1:59:35 AM

Lol, thanks Mike. I guess we all might as well stop trading and pick another money making endevor to keep us interested.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · What is the Holy Grail worth if found?<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.