StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · What is this? Do you know?<< >>Post Follow-up
karennma
8,057 posts
msg #108164
Ignore karennma
9/24/2012 6:55:57 PM

Got this in my junk mail today, but here's the paragraph that piqued my interest:

"Shorting U.S. dollars is too risky and complicated for most of my readers. But there is a simple, easier way to make money as the U.S. dollar continues to devalue. There is an ETF you can buy that goes up when the U.S. dollar declines in value.
This ETF is in the currency that I believe will rise the most against the U.S. dollar over the next two years. No, it’s not gold. It’s a fiat currency that is up 25% against the U.S. dollar over the past three years alone. It’s a currency of one of the economically strongest countries in the world."

WHAT is it?

SAFeTRADE
630 posts
msg #108166
Ignore SAFeTRADE
9/24/2012 8:53:38 PM

I believe it is UDN.

mahkoh
1,065 posts
msg #108168
Ignore mahkoh
9/25/2012 5:39:31 AM

CYB ?

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #108170
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
modified
9/25/2012 8:08:59 AM

Guys, look at the charts - it would be the Japanese Yen. Up from 1.00 to 1.28 since mid 2009, always runs counter to the USD.

Note added in review - looks like the Aussie dollar has a similar performance over the same period. Could be either.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · What is this? Do you know?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.