StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · What's a good target?<< >>Post Follow-up
awmorris
8 posts
msg #76234
Ignore awmorris
7/10/2009 3:17:01 AM

I'm not looking for a perfect formula nor am I asking for any 'secrets' I do want to poll to see what constitutes success. What is the win/loss ratio of most people? ROI %? Reward/Risk value?

At the risk of diverting from the topic I really care about... what is the reward/risk number? How do you interpret it/use it?

Thanks.
awmorris

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #76238
Ignore luc1grunt
7/10/2009 6:39:53 AM

win loss currently at 62%. Fluctuates over time. This can be misleading as many of these may not achieve the target, but still results in a winning trade.

R/R......hmmmmm. Targets are over 3:1, but with slippage, end of quarter/year results just under 2:1. And that includes those occasional runner exceeding the targets.

How do you calculate? Not sure wether you are looking for simple or in-depth.

If the probable target is known, and the probable loss, there it is. How much you capture is obviously the dynamic. During backtests, this is easy to set in the parameters, but a couple gaps and your slippage begins.

I'm not huge into backtesting, but it does provide an initial base to start from. Overoptimization and tinkering is time consuming and for this guy, counterproductive in many cases.

Too big a question for a short thread post (IMO).

Curious as to others calcs/opinions.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · What's a good target?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.