StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Why can't we CHOOSE COLORS with Indicator plots ???<< >>Post Follow-up
alf44
2,025 posts
msg #73851
Ignore alf44
modified
4/25/2009 12:00:34 PM

This is something that has bugged me about StockFetcher charts forever !!!

I have a chart with 6 overlays on price action (moving averages) !

Of those 6...2 are the same shade of green...1 is "baby blue" (or, whatever) and 2 are purple !!!

The 6th line is yellow. fwiw

The ah hem..."baby blue turquoisey" line is so close in color to the 2 green lines...it may as well be green. Difficult to tell the difference at times.

But seriously, 2 are green...1 may as well be green...and 2 are purple !

Is it just me or is that just completely freaken ridculous ???

How the hell are you supposed to discern which line represents what...unless you sit there and study each line carefully ? Damn near completely useless !

If I look down to the lower indicators...I have a MACD where 1 line (the slow line) is some pale-ass green shade...and the fast line is lite blue. Again... completely freaken ridculous !

When are you going to do something about this StockFetcher ?

This is a pretty serious flaw that needs to be remedied...FIX IT PLEASE !

Regards,

alf44

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #73852
Ignore alf44
modified
4/25/2009 1:18:48 PM

...and while you're at it StockFetcher...

How bout you give us some color options in "Chart Backgrounds"...instead of that bland basic White ???

Say for example...the ability to change the chart background to...oh...I don't know...how bout BLACK ???

Maybe THEN...those ridiculous pale-ass "pastel shades" that seem to be randomly assigned to the Indicator plots...might POP off the screen a bit...and you could actually tell what the hell it is you're looking at !!!

Looking at stock charts shouldn't be this difficult !

BEWARE STOCKFETCHER SUBSCRIBERS...STOCKFETCHER CHARTS MIGHT MAKE YOU GO BLIND !

stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #73853
4/25/2009 2:52:42 PM

First, to customize chart colors you can use the chart-color page:

http://help.stockfetcher.com/sfhelp/?id=100351

Next, as far as setting specific series colors, this is a limitation with the HTML-version of StockFetcher. For more color customization options, at this time we recommend trying the StockFetcher 2.0 product.

Additionally, while we do try to monitor StockFetcher forums, we strongly recommend contacting us directly at support@stockfetcher.com for any concerns, such as these.

StockFetcher.com Support

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #73854
Ignore johnpaulca
4/25/2009 3:42:09 PM

It works, I can finally see my psychedelic charts...thanks Alf and uh... SF.

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #73867
Ignore alf44
modified
4/26/2009 4:17:02 PM

...well, I've never seen that SF "chart color" page ( color settings ) anywhere !

Not in the SF manual...not in the Announcements or Indicator sections of the forums.

Nowhere !

Where the hell did that page come from ?

Is it considered "Top Secret" ?

Am I the only one that didn't know it existed ?

Jeeezzz !!!

------------------------

Sometimes I get the feeling that the whole SF 2.0 thing is the main focus for the SF staff.

For those of us who don't particularly care for it...we're "SOL" !

Oh well...gotta go "colorize" a few things !

Regards,

alf44

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #73870
Ignore alf44
modified
4/26/2009 4:42:06 PM

Seriously, where is that page located...did I overlook it ?

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #73871
Ignore johnpaulca
modified
4/26/2009 4:52:19 PM

Alfie...it was located under help, do a search for "color", this is the first time I saw that page.

stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #73872
4/26/2009 4:55:20 PM

There are a couple ways to find this page, below are some examples:

1. Enter chart colors or similar search phrase in the "Search Box" near the upper right of all StockFetcher pages.

2.Click the Help link and browse the list of help topics and select. Or visit the help tree:

http://help.stockfetcher.com/sfhelp/?p=feedback&view=tree

3.Using Google, Yahoo!, MSN or other search engine enter the phrase "stockfetcher chart colors".

Hope the above helps!

StockFetcher.com Support

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #73874
Ignore alf44
4/26/2009 5:30:12 PM

...hmmm

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Why can't we CHOOSE COLORS with Indicator plots ???<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.