StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Why is this board so dead ??<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
rsarno
103 posts
msg #35003
Ignore rsarno
1/30/2005 2:07:15 PM

SF is such an amazing service, why isnt there more activity on here?

I mean on the main forum there are still posts from 5 weeks ago, meaning there is not enough posting to push them down.

Doesnt make sense, we should be progressing as a community by sharing our successes as well as failures, only then will we all be successful.

marine2
963 posts
msg #35007
Ignore marine2
1/30/2005 5:06:13 PM

I agree on this. I, myself, try to show new filters I come up with from time to time and hope people respond to them either way favorably or unfavorably. If we all work together as a team we might just find the perfect filter for all of us to use as a mass group and help propel that particular stock or mutual fund to higher levels and greater profits for all. But, until everyone sticks together we will just have to be patient and hope it happens.

Marine2

jpistell
123 posts
msg #35008
Ignore jpistell
1/30/2005 6:54:54 PM

The messg. boards are like the SF platform. Just a few key ingredients shy of a major sucess.

I see it staring at me, as plain as day. I have a plan to triple their business in 24 months.

But alas... Too many opportunites, not enough days.

Trader Joe
Internet Director
-DealerClearanceServices.com
-GM-CVO.com
-BreseeChevrolet.com
-lootens-distrbuting.com

Concept and launch: supertraders.com
Clearstation Core member "jpshark" 95 to 2000
AOL personal finance: The Shark Attack

thepupster
1 posts
msg #35255
Ignore thepupster
3/1/2005 11:19:37 AM

To marine2: Wake up to the real world! The markets are all zero sum games. Your loss is my gain and vice versa. We can't all make a positive return at it. If I have a good system I certainly won't share it with anyone lest my edge be lost! That's why I've always said never listen to people who talk about some advantage they have in trading or system they hype. The real winners in trading are the guys(and gals) who keep quiet and to themselves!

marine2
963 posts
msg #35256
Ignore marine2
3/1/2005 11:44:30 AM

thepupster, well with your attitude then this forum is kaput. Your attitude says screw helping anyone on here. All for one and no one for all.

Just the same if I and many others are having a problem with a particular filter we will and should contact our fellow forum members for help to get us into that successful filter we so desire.

I say this, you seem to have that young person mentality where you only care about yourself. So, I say we should ignore your advice and stick with others that care.

May you make all sorts of money and keep it to yourself and maybe bury the stuff in your backyard.

Marine2

brokedown
21 posts
msg #35257
Ignore brokedown
3/1/2005 2:12:57 PM

sugjestion:
how about a thread to discuss individual stocks. msg. board style, then we could throw in some filters and analysis. I made 2 posts on GTEL recently, with reasoning both TA & fundamental. personally, I don't like most msg. boards due to there cookies and associated parisites. SF so far seems to be clean.

Peace Be With You
Tom

carlfritch
2 posts
msg #35258
Ignore carlfritch
3/1/2005 2:47:25 PM

>>>>>>Wake up to the real world! The markets are all zero sum games. Your loss is my gain and vice versa. We can't all make a positive return at it. <<<<<

This really isn't true. When you invest in the market you are investing in companies that are generating real income and adding value to the stocks. $10,000 invested in Microsoft in the 1980's would be worth millions today. This money wasn't earned at anyone else's expense.

That isn't to say there isn't manipulation, especially with the smaller companies and stocks. Penny stocks are notorious for "Pump and dump" schemes.

There are so many investors in the market, each with different ways of investing, that it would be hard to have much impact on it with any one "golden" system we may have. Even when the market is being manipulated, you can make money if you are nimble and follow good "trading" techniques.

We are all free to do what we want. If you think you have a great system and don't want to share it, more power to you. If you want to share it, it is possible that someone out there can add to it and make it even better.

There is more to trading than any system. 10 People, each using the same system will get different results because of their personality's and risk tolerance. Some of us will always lose money "trading" no matter how hard we try because of our personality and the fact that we fall prey to fear and greed.

The Motley fool community is really good with improving and helping each other invest. I think this community has a lot of the same potential. I would like to see this site improve and help all of us become better investors.

rsarno
103 posts
msg #35259
Ignore rsarno
3/1/2005 10:57:34 PM

"The real winners in trading are the guys(and gals) who keep quiet and to themselves! "

Nobody on here is asking for a particular system that is working 100%. We all have our own ideas on how a system will work, or look for.

People on here are looking for help on filter writing, be it code problems or logic. They arent (that i know of) asking for someone to provide them with a working system in a wrapped box.

PeterJerome
23 posts
msg #35261
Ignore PeterJerome
3/1/2005 11:52:00 PM

Carl,
Very true what you write. While the market does have a potential for 'zero-sum', this would only happpen if it collasped. It functions as you describe because it continues to expand. I could make $5 on a stock, sell it to another who makes $5, he sells it and so on... The perfect filer or indicator doesn't exist, as you say. 100 people using it would produce 100 different results. Money Management is essential for a profitable trading system and probably neglected by most. Making money is the easy part, Keeping the money is another story. Capital preservation is the real key.
Success to all,
Peter.

xplorer
257 posts
msg #35281
Ignore xplorer
3/5/2005 9:51:16 PM

A good filter that is shared is a self fulfilling prophecy.

When I have a filter that returns a few stocks... and there are alot of other friends using the same filter ... guess what happens, the supply and demand ratio makes the price go balistic.

I'm not sure why anyone would not want to share a filter... but then some people enjoy being unhappy.

Prosper !

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Why is this board so dead ??<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.