StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Wyckoff Spring Setup from Active Trader Magazine<< >>Post Follow-up
psheridan050
52 posts
msg #64317
Ignore psheridan050
6/25/2008 8:52:05 AM

Is it possible to code a filter for the Wyckoff Spring Setup as detailed in the July issue of Active Trader Magazine? Seems like a complicated setup and I'm wondering if StockFetcher can handle something like this. Here are the trade rules:

1 Setup:
a) The market establishes a first swing low by dropping 3 percent or more below the trading range's support level.

b) The market rallies 3 percent or more off the first swing low.

c) The market makes a second swing low by dropping 3 percent or more from the rally's high to a low that is lower than the first swing low.

d) The two swing lows must occur within 30 days of each other.

e) The second swing low should break down through a support level, in this case defined as the lowest low of the last 30 days.

2) Enter long with a stop order at the high of the bar that made the second swing low.

3) Exit long position after 30 days.

Some of the above obviously belongs in a backtest but the rest might be able to be filtered for. Anyone want to take on the challenge?

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #64507
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
6/30/2008 12:16:45 AM

psheridan050 -

I'm sure if you stuff the ballet box for THERUMPLEDONE'S next "Battle Of The Bands" voting....I KNOW he will code this for you in a jiff....and if his band wins because of your voting...he'll add on his top "dashboard" with about 100 of the narliest bells-n-whistles
(set{counts}) you'll ever see!

...but if he happens to mention a "P.O.Box?" and you giving him a bank "Debit Card?".....you might as well trash the coding dude.....

ROFL

- WALLSTREETGENIUS -

psheridan050
52 posts
msg #64567
Ignore psheridan050
7/1/2008 6:21:55 AM

To be honest, I'm not interested in actually using something like this to filter stocks. Im just wondering if its possible to translate the ideas presented above into something stockfetcher can understand and work with. Seemed like a pretty tough challenge to get coded.

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #70465
Ignore chetron
1/7/2009 10:14:49 PM

MAYBE...

Fetcher[

SET{VAR1,COUNT(low below BOTTOM LINEAR REGRESSION LINE(60),30)}

ADD COLUMN VAR1 1 DAY AGO {VAR1 -1 }
ADD COLUMN VAR1

DRAW VAR1

DRAW LINEAR REGRESSION(60)

VAR1 EQUAL 2
CLOSE ABOVE 1
VOLUME ABOVE 1000
SORT COLUMN 5 ASCENDING

]

ham1198
174 posts
msg #70508
Ignore ham1198
1/9/2009 8:06:19 AM

...SFO magazine (1/2009) just had an article on wyckoff's work, 'follow the smart money'. i think you can get it for free at sfomag.com

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #70510
Ignore chetron
1/9/2009 8:57:36 AM

NICE

ham1198
174 posts
msg #70546
Ignore ham1198
1/9/2009 5:00:24 PM

...just saw tro had post about same article under the filter forum. it's under 'doji' heading.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Wyckoff Spring Setup from Active Trader Magazine<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.