StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · calculation: not taking (high+low)/2<< >>Post Follow-up
30knotwind
9 posts
msg #105550
Ignore 30knotwind
3/20/2012 10:16:09 AM

What is wrong with thiscalc:
set{dymd, (high+low)/2}

Where can I find answers to this so I don't have to clog up the forum.
Thanks

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #105552
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
3/20/2012 10:56:30 AM

SIMPLE - ONLY ONE MATHEMATICAL OPERATION IS ALLOWED PER SET{} STATEMENT. YOU HAVE TWO IN THIS ONE.

Sorry - caps lock was on, not shouting.

Kevin

dwiggains
441 posts
msg #105553
Ignore dwiggains
3/20/2012 11:43:24 AM

Hi
This is the only way I can do what you want.

set {a, high + low}
set{dymd, a / 2} add column dymd

see ya
David

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #105554
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
3/20/2012 12:14:50 PM

You might also try using the standard pivot point (PP = (H + L + C)/3).

Just use "PP" instead of the user-defined variable.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · calculation: not taking (high+low)/2<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.