StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · can't get filter to work correctly<< >>Post Follow-up
papagatorga
124 posts
msg #31676
Ignore papagatorga
4/10/2004 2:56:28 PM

Here are my words - show stocks whose closing price crossed above EMA(25) within the last 2 days. Have also tried "offset 2 days" but nothing works. All the results are giving me stocks whose closing price has been above EMA(25) for some time but I am looking for recent (2-3 day) crossing. Any suggestions other than holding my mouth right. By the way this action seems to catch some major moves. There are whipsaws occasionally but when I get ADX confirmation of the cross the whipsaws are minimized. It seems to work both ways, when the closing closes below the 25 day EMA it generally signals a major decline, one wants to be out. You can fool around with the 25 days, I've tried 30 but 25 seems to be a little more accurate.

yepher
359 posts
msg #31677
Ignore yepher
4/10/2004 6:51:26 PM

I think this will give you the results you want:

Fetcher[close crossed above EMA(25) in the last 3 days]

You could add something about being below EMA(25) x days ago if you want to be a little more precise.

Of course gritting your teeth together while you run it helps also :)

-- Chris

txtrapper
548 posts
msg #31679
Ignore txtrapper
4/10/2004 6:58:58 PM

Try this.

Fetcher[price crossed above EMA(25)from below for 2 days]

TxTrapper

papagatorga
124 posts
msg #31775
Ignore papagatorga
4/16/2004 7:41:28 PM

Thanks to both of you !!! Neither filter seems to work exactly but both are ALOT closer to what I wanted than I was getting

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · can't get filter to work correctly<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.