Ignore defghca
2/12/2004 7:44:37 AM

whatever happened to Geodepe's site?

Koronbock
201 posts
msg #31104
Ignore Koronbock
2/16/2004 7:53:54 AM

I sent George Deprez (the creator of the G5 site) a message to ask why his site has disappeared. He did not answer. Looks like he (or SF) lost interest in this project. Too bad. It was a very nice service. His backtest was more powerful than SFs. Maybe someone here who is a Computer wizzard can pick up the pieces ??

Koronbock

Koronbock
201 posts
msg #31178
Ignore Koronbock
2/23/2004 3:40:43 AM

Hey Folks,

The G5 site IS B A C K ! ! ! !
Just tried it out and it works like a charm!

Thanks Geodepe

xplorer
257 posts
msg #31180
Ignore xplorer
2/23/2004 6:12:53 AM

That is great ... it sure is a nice tool to backtest.... but I don't recall what the url is ... could you share?

Thanks in advance !

defghca
150 posts
msg #31181
Ignore defghca
2/23/2004 8:52:19 AM

thanks Geodepe
https://www.ipropel.com:8443/stocks/index.jsp

xplorer
257 posts
msg #31215
Ignore xplorer
2/26/2004 8:57:36 PM

I hope you can shed light on this G5 site...

I look at the filters with a high "G5" rating ... and don't see a whole lot when I take it back to StockFetcher with the 5 day offset. I look at the charts ... and I don't see much potential in the screens that are analyzed with the highest rating. So why ... or how did these get such a high rating ?

I tried a couple of my best performing screens and get :
AMC ( 4.0 ) AUMC ( 2.0 ) AUMP ( 49.08% ) G5-SCORE 1.09%
and
AMC ( 20.0 ) AUMC ( 10.0 ) AUMP ( 49.92% ) G5-SCORE 0.28%

(here is legend for these acronyms...
AMC - Average Match Count
AUMC - Average Up Match Count
AUMP - Average Up Match Percentage
G5-Score - an average, developed by Dr.George Deprez aka Geodepe, of the first 5 day gains on a filter. )

... these result for my filters, using the G-5 rating system, are not very good... but
These are screens that I actively use ... and do quite well. Although I must admit, that the results I get from StockFetcher is not a final decision ,... and there is no way I would blindly invest with just the StockFetcher results. The results StockFetcher gives me, gives me a group that I further analyze. Of course every stock has its own personality, and no screen could ever decyper that.

I would really appreciate hearing your views on the G-5 analysis...

Also... how is the analysis done ... and why do you feel it is better than the way StockFetcher analyzes ???

Thanks ...

defghca
150 posts
msg #31235
Ignore defghca
2/29/2004 7:45:57 AM

xplorer
post your screens so we can check

xplorer
257 posts
msg #31237
Ignore xplorer
2/29/2004 12:30:43 PM

Here is one of my momentum screens, that I use quite often. Some of the individual stock equity's that come up get discarded with a quick look at the chart... but overall has treated me very well ! Any ways ... here is the screen to look at :

Fetcher[Show stocks where the High is less than 25 percent above the bottom linear regression line(60,1.25) and the 21 day slope of the close is above .25 and close is above close 1 day ago and price is between 2 and 45 and volume is greater than 90000 and offset 0 days ago]

...Thanks....enjoy!

xplorer
257 posts
msg #31238
Ignore xplorer
2/29/2004 12:37:04 PM

Or to look at the posted scree with the highest G5 rating ... to back test here:

Fetcher[high is below 12 and RSI(1) is below 2 and CMF(12) has been decreasing for 3 days and Bollinger Oscillator(12) is below -34 and 12 day slope of the low is above 0.03 and volume is above 123456 and offset 0 days]

(I threw in the "offset 0 days" to make it easy to play with ... but in this case ... to make it "G5 comparable: ... change it to "and offset 5 days"

Thanks again !

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · geodepe<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.