StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · help with filter<< >>Post Follow-up
jejellupi
4 posts
msg #151438
Ignore jejellupi
3/25/2020 9:22:44 AM

I am trying to build a screen that returns a large bullish candle from 3 days ago. I want the candle close to be near the high of the day. I want the candle from 2 days ago to have a high price near the large candle from the one 3 days ago. Fairly simple screen but it returns invalid results. For example, the ticker NE had a large candle 3 days ago but closed nowhere near the high and this one keeps coming up in my results? I want to filter these bad results out. What am I missing here? (screen is below).

SET{DIFF, HIGH - LOW} DIFF reached a new 9 day high 3 days ago
and close 3 days ago is near high from 3 days ago
and high 2 days ago was near high 3 days ago
and market is not OTCBB

Thanks,

Jim

xarlor
562 posts
msg #151448
Ignore xarlor
3/25/2020 5:56:09 PM

Day Position is the indicator you want.

Fetcher[
/* large bullish candle from 3 days ago. I want the candle close to be near the high of the day. I want the candle from 2 days ago to have a high price near the large candle from the one 3 days ago. */

market not otcbb
SET{DIFF, HIGH - LOW} DIFF reached a new 9 day high 3 days ago
close 3 days ago > day position(0.75,1) 3 days ago
high 2 days ago > day position(0.75,1) 3 days ago
high 2 days ago < day position(1.25,1) 3 days ago

do not draw diff
do not draw diff 9-day high
]

jejellupi
4 posts
msg #151458
Ignore jejellupi
3/25/2020 9:26:33 PM

Thank you! This is perfect. much appreciated!

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · help with filter<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.