StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · how can I screen for tails?<< >>Post Follow-up
sbeckers
22 posts
msg #26345
Ignore sbeckers
5/1/2003 4:41:48 PM

If I want to find stocks which have a tail of at least 2 x the body, how would I do that? (aside from pattern matching function, which I haven't had much success with).

Steve
8 posts
msg #26346
Ignore Steve
5/1/2003 5:07:19 PM

Hello,

You'll need two separate filters for this. One for up days and another for down days.

Up Days:
Fetcher[
open minus low is more than 100 above close minus open
and close is above open
add column open minus low
add column close minus open
]

Down Days:
Fetcher[
close minus low is more than 100 above open minus close
and open is above close
add column close minus low
add column open minus close
]

We're looking to add a Head/Tail/Body measure to simplify this query as well as eliminate the need for two separate filters. Also, we are definitely looking into the "Or" clause which would allow the combination of these.

Regards,
Steve
StockFetcher.com Support

defghca
150 posts
msg #26348
Ignore defghca
5/1/2003 6:51:49 PM

i am glad you and the team are still pursuing the "or" conjunction project
thanks

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · how can I screen for tails?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.