StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · how to obtain measures for specific symbol<< >>Post Follow-up
tulanch
24 posts
msg #48815
Ignore tulanch
12/28/2006 5:06:18 PM

can I build a filter that would display values for a specific symbol?

for example something like

show stocks where symbol = xyz
display ATR(30) ATR(10) and ATR(5)

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #48816
Ignore TheRumpledOne
12/28/2006 5:55:14 PM

Fetcher[
open equals ind(qqqq, open) and volume equals ind(qqqq, volume)

add column atr(5)

add column atr(10)

add column atr(30)
]

Change qqqq to whatever stock you want.

tulanch
24 posts
msg #48819
Ignore tulanch
12/28/2006 6:22:53 PM

Thanks.. need a better way to set those inital stop limits...my simple 3 % rule keeps biting me in the ass. So I thought doing a quick ATR check would be appropriate and adjust the inital set accordingly.

I have found your posts on this forum rather enlighting and entertaining...
I'm rather new at this game, but love the numbers, all this looks a lot like calculus and differencial equations in my warped mechanical mind....I think the green fuction applied to this approach of stock investing/trading could be very interesting. Anyways back to reality...

I akin this to flyfishing...which I know I've mastered ...it's boils down to a matter of reading the water, looking in the right places, understanding the time of year and other influences...and appraoching things systematically with the ability to adapt quickly to changes, plus save guards of course.

I've read the technical trading bible by Mcgee and Murphy (wow to think this stuff has been around since the beginning of time) and as reccomended I have been playing via a simulator for a couple of months...

but as with fishing...what special things should one do when you hook a big one?

In my simulator SNDA shows a 45% return since 11/13/06 I found it using this tool - keeping it simple and watching assending triangles - with a feel for high initial volume and low end volume at the price consolidation apex of the triangle.

I understand compunding, can derive it anyway you want, but think/feel there must be a way, when one realizes they have a big one on, to add more $ to really make a score...any rules, stratagies, guidance on this concept?

-T

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · how to obtain measures for specific symbol<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.