StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · .. if anyone is from Canada...<< >>Post Follow-up
kanuk
32 posts
msg #35503
Ignore kanuk
3/31/2005 8:56:02 PM

... just how much are you paying per trade, for Canadian stocks on a Canadian exchange. I just want to know if TD Waterhouse is 'competitive'

thanx

Makita21
1 posts
msg #35509
Ignore Makita21
4/1/2005 7:08:30 PM

Commissions at Disnat Direct and Trade Freedom are about half that of TD Waterhouse. For what its worth I have used all three and prefer Disnat Direct.

alpha3
3 posts
msg #35880
Ignore alpha3
5/3/2005 11:58:26 PM

forget about TD waterhouse and disnat and tradefreedom , too expensive. Interactive brokers Canada is very cheap. Also cheap is Ameritrade Canada 10.99 per trade, however you cannot trade TSX with Ameritrade . TD waterhouse or any other bank related brokerage is highway robbery!!!

alpha3
3 posts
msg #35881
Ignore alpha3
5/4/2005 12:02:00 AM

just to follow up: you can trade TSX stocks with Interactive Brokers .I believe you pay 0.015 per Canadian stock. It is unconceivable to pay 29.00 Can dollars per trade with TD waterhouse. The minute I can get someone else cheaper to take My RRSP the minute I leave Td waterhouse

mktmole
325 posts
msg #35888
Ignore mktmole
5/4/2005 10:55:34 AM

Just a note; SF includes/scans stocks in all CDN exchanges ( TSX, VSE, etc) as one grouping. It appears that stocks can't be specifically sorted by using the "market is not VSE " nor by "and add column exchange" features.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · .. if anyone is from Canada...<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.