StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · low budget trading<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>Post Follow-up
Noahedwinbeach2
135 posts
msg #26856
Ignore Noahedwinbeach2
6/13/2003 3:05:21 AM

I forgot to explain the mental stop loss thing. Sense buyandhold.com does not offer stop losses I have to incorporate mental stop losses. I just write down on a peice of paper at what price i would sell the stock for and then if it closes at or below that price on any given day i will sell the next day. This system works considering i often own 20 or more stocks at a time. I also cut my losses short at 15%. Some of you may notice that on some of these filters I have show some stocks fall 40% or so. I sell way before that hits so I can preserve my gains as much as possible. These are my goals so far I stress in my trading:

1. Pick a good filter
2. Purchase $100 / stock and if there isnt enough stocks to purchase more then run it over onto the next days filter
3. Hold the stocks for 10 - 20 days (I have found 10 days is the magic number for the most gains when compounding)
4. Sell stocks that drop 15%. There is no point in holding on to losers. Winners usually do not fall 15%. All the big ones I have chosen so far usually do not go down past 7-8% before rising.
5. If you are to sell out of a stock that falls 15% immediately put that money into the stock that is providing the best rate of return so far in your portfolio. I also have been doing this and it has proven to work for me.

If you have large sums of money it may not be practical for you to invest only $100 / stock. Do what you feel confortable with. Just make sure its diversified. Remember, I treat this as short term mutual fund like trading. My hope is to diversify in stocks that are rising the fastest. I realize I will not win every single time with this system but if I just win with it 75% of the time which I should I will still become wealthy thanks to the knowledge God has given me.

Some of you may doubt my technique. That is fine and trully I am not a pro and cannot predict the future. This may or may not work over time but so far it has for me. Below is my account information so that you can view my account only. I would like to invite all of you to keep up with my record. Some of you may be skeptical so this should help to illeviate that.

http://www.buyandhold.com

login: noahbeach2view
pass: 111111111

God bless you all and trust in your Lord Jesus Christ. Amen :)

bfisher48
1 posts
msg #26858
Ignore bfisher48
6/13/2003 3:48:52 AM

adx(14) plus mfi(14)crossed above -59

rrochon
117 posts
msg #26899
Ignore rrochon
6/16/2003 5:02:33 PM

Noah,

On your new trading systems, are you still buying 1/3 of your portfolio each day for three days, at 12:30 ET, and holding for 10 days?

Do you still dump a stock earlier than 10 days if it declines 15%, and do you sell at 12:30 on the 10th day, or just before the close?

Thanks,

Dick

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #26900
Ignore EWZuber
6/16/2003 5:30:11 PM

I would like to suggest Interactive Brokers. I am paying 1 cent per 100 shares traded. So if I Buy and sell 100 shares the comission comes to $2. Over 500 shares it drops to 0.5 cents per share. I like the trading software. You get a streamer with options chain, visual and audio alerts that you can set to let you know when a stock has reached a certain price and a bunch of stuff I havn't figured out yet. Used to have an Etrade account but comissions were killing me at $46 round trip. Using Money.net real time streaming charts for $10 a month. This screening tool was icing on the cake.

Noahedwinbeach2
135 posts
msg #26904
Ignore Noahedwinbeach2
6/17/2003 12:02:51 AM

Yes I still buy 1/3 per day. I sell at 12:30 on the 10th day. I sell a stock if it drops to 15% after I buy it. I am about to dump all my stocks right now and start using my principals for consistently. I strayed away for some stupid reason getting ahead of myself. My system works best when you go with a real broker instead of buyandhold.com. The only reason I use buyandhold.com is because I cant afford to buy 60 stocks at $14 a trade or whatever. $14 a month is all buyandhold.com is. The only problem is they do not have every stock that pops up in that screener which is a problem when you can only purchase 65% of the stocks in a given screen. That means your results will be scewed and you may come out a loss instead of a gain. Right now I have a simulator account with mytrack.com using there trading platform software. You start with $100,000 and with that much money $12.95 a trade isnt crap because the gains will be really significant. Right now for the month im up almost 50% in that account alone. I wish I had 100k to invest lol. For now I have to use what I have which is $2900. One day I will have a real amount though and I will go to a real broker again. I am still developing a couple more theories though that both work very well. I think it takes any good investor a good amount of time to develop a system that trully works for him. Im not perfect and it will take a good amount of time invested to somewhat perfect my system. It will work but there are a few rules I need to develop and then I need to stick by them. It just takes time, patience, and error. You have to learn from your errors. That is the way true investors become wealthy in the market. That is what I am doing now. I suggest everyone papertrade with the system I have outlined and then go to the real deal. I will be starting a website soon explaining my system and methods. It will be free of course and it will have a bulletin board system for you guys to place your imput on.

Noah

rrochon
117 posts
msg #26908
Ignore rrochon
6/17/2003 12:51:32 AM

Noah,

I also use Interactive Brokers. Trades are fast and cheap; one cent per share with $1 minimum. Options are $1 to $1.95 per contract, with no minimum. They also have a free trial of their system, and I think the minimum account is $2000, but I'm not sure. Check them out at www.interactivebrokers.com.

Dick

dmindy
42 posts
msg #26914
Ignore dmindy
6/17/2003 9:47:17 AM

I'm off to check them out!

BTW... I think it was buyandhold.com that had three "buying times" through the day. Are the interactive brokers real time or do they do the bulk trading as well??

rrochon
117 posts
msg #26962
Ignore rrochon
6/20/2003 5:19:26 PM

IB is realtime. And you can put in stop loss or trailing loss prices also. The charts are 20 min delay, tho.

Now if you are trading penny stocks 1 cent a share commission, and 1/2 cent after 500 shares can cost some money. For example 10,000 shares would be $5 for the first 500 shares and $47.50 for the remaining 9500 shares. At Investrade it would only be $29 total.

Also, IB won't trade pink sheet or Bulletin Board stocks.

Dick

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #26969
Ignore EWZuber
6/21/2003 6:38:06 AM

RROCHON...I'm using Money.net real time streaming charts. Only $9 amonth and are very excellent charts. Tons of indicators and they are are customizable.

holygrail
72 posts
msg #26998
Ignore holygrail
6/22/2003 6:47:36 PM

use my sytem and you can play you moneu in 25% segments -just play dbbd uax amse wbr and dnap intrady and you can turn a quick 1-4 day profit of 20-50% on these all the time or if you want to go long term just play all you money with dbbd at 024 now will go to 50$ in three years or if you want to use my system you could make 200 million percent on it over time dbbd plays perfect just using bottom and top trend lines and the 6 and 13 ema 4 0out of ever five retracements comes right back to the 6 day ema like on dbbd in at 0.03 out at 0.07 in at 0.05 out at 0.13 in at 0.09 out at 0.18 in at 0,.145 out at 0.19 in at 0,15 out at 0.25 and so on and you out all you top winning ina back at each bottom- traded dyn 0.55-5.50 (on my system i gave you on this board it up 22 million percent so far in 11 months if you could trade that much stock) ttrading on sons 0.19-5.50-118000% amt 0.73 up 33000% dcel 88000% and so on

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · low budget trading<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.