StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · sharing a successful trading system<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
jmolinatrader
11 posts
msg #155787
Ignore jmolinatrader
2/15/2021 9:09:27 AM

This forum is amazing. Thank you mketranz, shilllihs, and snappyfrog. All great advice.

I definitely believe investing/trading is a very personal thing and that has helped me stay in the game over these years.

Best,
Jose

shillllihs
5,963 posts
msg #155793
Ignore shillllihs
modified
2/15/2021 1:13:51 PM

As to the comment a couple back,
making money in a personal account and selling systems on multiple sites while making 6 figures doing so is bad I guess. I’m a scammer right and should ignore that cash cow stream. Don’t be jealous.

shillllihs
5,963 posts
msg #155794
Ignore shillllihs
modified
2/15/2021 1:29:52 PM

Jose, don’t fall into the trap that many of these guys do out here, they’re either the real technical types or one dimensional. They have lots of filters that pick occasional winners but lack an amazing system. They will focus on famous people like Guppy or some other bland white bread guy whilst ignoring that there are better ways to do things. And these people really don’t care about money, they rather be apart of a fraternity. After years out here trying to use someone else’s methods, I can honestly say with the exception of using one well known indicator, my system is 100% my creation.
My advice is be a lone wolf.
Create as much as you can on your own.
Borrow some elements if they are worthy.
Look for reoccurring patterns.
Make a hybrid of all that you find.
Don’t rely on filters alone but try to create a winning system with clearly defined entries & exits.
And most of all don’t deviate and remain disciplined.

snappyfrog
651 posts
msg #155799
Ignore snappyfrog
2/15/2021 3:10:09 PM

@shilllihs
"As to the comment a couple back,
making money in a personal account and selling systems on multiple sites while making 6 figures doing so is bad I guess. I’m a scammer right and should ignore that cash cow stream. Don’t be jealous."

Not sure who you were referring to, but since my comment was "a couple back", I will be happy to give my opinion and it is just that, my opinion. I don't try to dictate what others do and I sure don't put people down for what they do.

I for one have always been against "charging" people for information. I have been booted a few times for "helping others" while admins were trying to build a site for profit. This is fine, no hard feelings. I am thankful. It caused me to start my own private Facebook group where I help people learn to swing trade using technical analysis.

I have always felt, if a system is so good, one can trade it and make all of the money they need. There is no reason to "sell" it to others unless you need the income - in which case then the 'system" might not be as good as one says.

I make the majority of my money selling covered calls. Swing trading is where I got started. It is my love and I will always be swing trading something. There is no need for me to charge money for something I can teach for free.

The pie is not finite. There is enough for everyone. If I teach someone to trade setups I like and they can be profitable, then I am overjoyed. We can all have a piece of the pie.

I am not egotistical enough to think I have the only answer or that I "made" something all by myself that no one else has ever done or can do.

But, to each his own. Just my opinion.

jmolinatrader
11 posts
msg #155811
Ignore jmolinatrader
2/15/2021 9:36:37 PM

Love the diversity of opinions. I teach high school math (stats and personal finance) so I am used to all kinds of ideas and personal beliefs (which I encourage).

I fell in love with trading and investing 10 years ago and even convinced my high school to open a real account for the students to invest. So, I get my fix everyday at work.

I will be following this forum more closely as I adjust my own system.

Going off topic, any of you guys use tastyworks? I have been using it for a while due to my adventure with options, but have since moved back to stocks only (0% commission). Need to probably go back to TD Ameritrade.

Thanks again
Jose

Mactheriverrat
3,132 posts
msg #155812
Ignore Mactheriverrat
modified
2/15/2021 9:49:52 PM

@jmolinatrader
You have to find your own way. Yes study what other's post. Even I have posted dead end roads that didn't pan out. I have even blown up my account twice when I started. Don't use real money until you find a winning system that works for YOU. Not every trade will go your way. Learn from it . Yes there are a lot of great posters here and a few few old timer's that still pop in every great now and then.

I read a article over on reddit of a poster who got back GME ( about $3700) last monday before the open which was sunday night of his post. I told him as other poster's that playing GME was like trying to catch a falling. He said he already had lost about $1300 on GME on another trade.

Mactheriverrat
3,132 posts
msg #155813
Ignore Mactheriverrat
2/15/2021 9:51:45 PM

ONE THING I WON"T DO IS BAD MOUTH OTHER"S TO MAKE MY EGO FEEL BETTER!

It is what it is!

Mactheriverrat.
John

roca1018
163 posts
msg #155815
Ignore roca1018
2/16/2021 7:51:12 AM

Disregard shills. If he was that prolific he would not be here.

Rich

graftonian
1,089 posts
msg #155820
Ignore graftonian
2/16/2021 10:33:39 AM

Jose,
I use TastyWorks, and with a few exceptions am happy with it. I left TD Ameritrade because of their non-support of Linux, and will not go back. But, never say never.
Graf

jmolinatrader
11 posts
msg #155821
Ignore jmolinatrader
2/16/2021 11:39:03 AM

Thanks Graftonian.

Are you an options or stock trader (or both)?

I mostly use the web version.

Jose

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · sharing a successful trading system<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.