StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · stocks increasing for 3 days problem<< >>Post Follow-up
manolo123
4 posts
msg #50503
Ignore manolo123
3/10/2007 4:46:01 AM

i am trying to run filter which will show me stocks that where increasing for 3 days (including intraday day activity).

i use this filter:
show stocks where price is above close 1 days ago
and close 1 days ago is above close 2 days ago
and close 2 days ago is above close 3 days ago
and volume 1 days ago is above volume 2 days ago
and volume 2 days ago is above volume 3 days ago

but the results are only for stocks increasing for the last 4 days.

can anyone help ?

contrahawk
68 posts
msg #50504
Ignore contrahawk
3/10/2007 5:11:54 AM

manolo123,

I think that you are concerned that the filter is not giving you stocks which are increasing in BOTH closing price and volume over the past three days. Is this correct? If "yes", just add the line "and volume is above volume 1 day ago" and you'll get issues which have increased in both volume and closing price daily for the past three days.

Jim

traderblues
195 posts
msg #50505
Ignore traderblues
modified
3/10/2007 8:46:39 AM

(deleted)

houghton
29 posts
msg #50506
Ignore houghton
3/10/2007 10:31:26 AM

Manolo123,

Remember that "one day ago" is yesterday, not today. Add price action for today: close is above open. Remove the 3 days ago. If you want only a three-day run, then add: close three days ago is below close four days ago. Otherwise you'll get a list where stocks up three days in a row are a subset of those up four, five, or six days in a row.

I think this may be what you're looking for:

show stocks where close 3 days ago is below close 4 days ago and
show stocks where close is above open and
close is above close 1 day ago
and close 1 day ago is above close 2 days ago
and volume is greater than volume one day ago
and volume 1 days ago is greater than volume 2 days ago

Karl

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #50512
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
3/10/2007 11:38:13 AM

Fetcher[
set{CCb,days(close is above close 1 day ago,100)}
set{CCa,days(close is below close 1 day ago,100)}
set{CxC, CCa - CCb}

set{VolUp, days(volume is below volume 1 day ago,100)}
set{VolDn, days(volume is above volume 1 day ago,100)}
set{VxV, VolUp - VolDn}

add column CxC
add column VxV

close 3 days ago is below close 4 days ago

CxC above 2
VxV above 2
]

Note:

1) If you use "volume is greater than volume 1 day ago", the filter will have to "wait" for this to occur INTRADAY. Perhaps that is what you want. Just remember price could be climbing fast and volume still below yesterday's.

2) If you use my BASIC FILTER DISPLAY ( or some parts of it ) you will have most of what you need for just about any SELECTION criteria you have. Sometimes all you have to do is sort a column to get the information you want. In this case you could have just sorted on CxC and picked the stocks meeting your criteria.

HTH.

manolo123
4 posts
msg #50516
Ignore manolo123
3/10/2007 4:34:40 PM

i am trying to see all stocks intraday that their price is increasing for at least last 3 days (including intraday increasing), but the filter does not work properly, it does not count the intraday price increase , which i want.

let me explain in details:
i want to see stocks that:
intraday price is above yesterday
and price yesterday is above price 2 days ago
and price 2 days ago is above price 3 days ago

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #50520
Ignore TheRumpledOne
3/10/2007 9:21:52 PM

What filter doesn't work properly?

I just wrote mine today and you'll have to wait until MONDAY to test it.

manolo123
4 posts
msg #50525
Ignore manolo123
3/11/2007 11:14:14 AM

i use the folowing filter during intraday activity (1 pm):
show stocks where price is increasing for 3 days

i expect to see also stocks that increase today and last 2 days, but i get only stocks that increase for 4 days and more

binhp
71 posts
msg #50527
Ignore binhp
3/11/2007 1:59:23 PM

Hi TRO,
I am trying to understand your logic.
CCb = # of days within the past 100 days when close is below yesterday close
CCa = # of days within the past 100 days when close is above yesterday close

If the stock is increasing in value, (CCa - CCb) should be increasing isn't it ? What I am seeing is CxC is decreasing. What am I missing ?
How can I display CCa and CCb charts ?

Many thanks,
Binh

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · stocks increasing for 3 days problem<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.