StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · to maxreturn<< >>Post Follow-up
papagatorga
124 posts
msg #50394
Ignore papagatorga
3/3/2007 12:53:47 PM

You were kind to give me a scan for my linear regression channel slanting up but price near the bottom. (which is doing very well). I have tried to reverse it, LRC slanted down, price near the top IE.
Fetcher[linear regression slope(100) above 95
price near weekly top linear regression line(100)
chart-display is weekly
]

This works in some cases but in other cases the slant is up not down. Price is near the top in all however. Corrections please?

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #50397
Ignore maxreturn
modified
3/3/2007 6:09:04 PM

Papa, don't know where you got "above 95" from. You simply need to change that to "below 0". Here ya go:

Fetcher[linear regression slope(100) below 0
chart-display is weekly
]

BTW...I'm beginning to see the value in this filter. Looks like many stocks on this filter would be worth adding to a watchlist and then monitor on the daily charts for high probability shorts.

Regards
Max

papagatorga
124 posts
msg #50415
Ignore papagatorga
3/4/2007 4:07:25 PM

Thanks Max, The 95 came from me. I was just guessing and trying to figure it out myself and not have to ask for help, but my efforts did not produce the results I was looking for. I am a college graduate, have reasonable intelligence, and am frustrated that I cannot write these screens myself. Yes after 4-5 years of testing hundreds of ideas MY best success has come from the linear regression channel. I know this board swears by RS(2) but for my style of investing, I haven't gotten it to work for me. Again thanks for the help and best wishes for your investments.

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #50422
Ignore maxreturn
3/4/2007 9:03:33 PM

Papa, need to make a slight but IMPORTANT modification to the filter. Need to change "linear regression slope(100)" to "weekly linear regression slope(100)". Turns out if you don't specify "weekly" stockfetcher will run a 100 day linear regression slope.

Fetcher[weekly linear regression slope(100) below 0
chart-display is weekly
]

Regards
Max

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · to maxreturn<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.