StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · weekly / daily<< >>Post Follow-up
boston
58 posts
msg #96165
Ignore boston
9/10/2010 9:30:57 PM

is there a way to scan a weekly indicator for daily movement? or is friday the only day that you get a true reading?

four
5,087 posts
msg #96166
Ignore four
9/10/2010 10:12:57 PM

Why do my weekly measures not match filter results?
Weekly measures are computed using "Monday through Friday" data.

The above is from StockFetcher Customer Support Center

boston
58 posts
msg #96168
Ignore boston
9/10/2010 10:54:02 PM

thank you four. i thought that i seen one time that somebody had wrote a scan that you could get the last 5 days,but was charted as weekly.

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #96172
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
9/11/2010 9:31:56 AM

It depends on what you mean by weekly indicator and daily movement.

The weekly indicators are calculated from Monday to Friday data. That means as the week progresses, your weekly indicator is being updated daily - exacty as i should be. Last week's data is fixed, and this week's data is added to it.

If you want a rolling 5 day set of data, you can do that as well, but only on a daily chart.

Where you run into problems is trying to plot DAILY values for an indicator on a WEEKLY chart. Does not work - the weekly setting for the chart converts all of the indicators to weekly (e.g., the daily MA(10) on a daily cart is fine, but becomes the weekly MA(10) on a weekly chart).

Plot weekly indicators on a daly chart and they should be OK.

boston
58 posts
msg #96182
Ignore boston
9/11/2010 2:52:26 PM

thank you kevin. i'am not to good at writing the codes.if you would could you please show me how to write the lines for the 5 rolling days for the daily chart.

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #96184
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
9/11/2010 3:17:12 PM

Not hard to do - just write something like

"[Indicator] above/below [Indicator 5 days ago]"

that will always give you the rolling window looking 5 days back.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · weekly / daily<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.