StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · what is the best direct access platform?<< >>Post Follow-up
wojtek
6 posts
msg #86432
Ignore wojtek
1/17/2010 7:57:31 AM

What is the best direct access platform?

drew9
171 posts
msg #86451
Ignore drew9
1/17/2010 3:28:06 PM

Interactive Brokers. They let you choose to execute directly with any provider or through their "SMART" clearing where they use the best of all of them. I sound like an advertisement but switched to them a couple of years ago from ETrade and cannot believe how much better my executions have been. Always get executed at the best bid or ask and usually get price improvement over what is shown. Not sure how they do it but I am thrilled with the executions, lowest commissions, and lowest margin rates. They also let you buy everything sold globally (stocks, futures, forex, options etc) on one platform. No need for a bunch of different providers. They are a professional platform so there is no hand holding but if you have traded a bunch you won't need it anyway.

awj11669
14 posts
msg #86470
Ignore awj11669
1/17/2010 9:02:28 PM

MB Trading is also good. Fast trades and low commison. A lot of my trades cost 1.00. You only need 2000 to open an account ,IB requires 5000 I think.

wojtek
6 posts
msg #87524
Ignore wojtek
1/31/2010 5:11:03 PM

Can I view The ECN Book foer NYSE and level 2 w/ Interactive Brocers and MB Trading?

awj11669
14 posts
msg #87536
Ignore awj11669
1/31/2010 9:51:11 PM

Im not sure why the commision plan that I have is not advertised on MB anymore. They are still letting me trade for 100 shares for 1 dollar in commision. If they did change it to a 5 dollar minimum per trade for NEW accounts then i would go with IB unless you have enough capital it dosent matter to you.
To try to answer your question you can go online and download the demo account for free with out having to give much more info than your name. Then you can see exactly what it has. You can even trade the fantasy money in the account to learn the features it has and how to trade using it. It is pretty simple to learn but does not have as many features as IB.

awj11669
14 posts
msg #87537
Ignore awj11669
1/31/2010 9:53:23 PM

And yes MB does offer Level 2

four
5,087 posts
msg #87977
Ignore four
modified
2/8/2010 5:47:37 PM

http://lightspeed.com/index.php

- no knowledge of these folks
- just a post

PS the "team" is from ETrade ...

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · what is the best direct access platform?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.