StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · why stockfetcher has delayed quotes?<< >>Post Follow-up
gigant1972
6 posts
msg #121376
Ignore gigant1972
8/22/2014 10:45:58 PM

Hi,

I pay a monthly fee to stockfetcher to.filter the best
Stocks but every morning i have to.wait 10 am

To see some stocks present on my list, why??

Are quotes delayed, why? Those 20 min delay
Means winning vs losing , they mean everything.

Can someone pls explain?

four
5,087 posts
msg #121377
Ignore four
modified
8/22/2014 11:01:12 PM

Here is a list to investigate:

http://www.liberatedstocktrader.com/top-10-best-stock-charting-tools/

gigant1972
6 posts
msg #121380
Ignore gigant1972
8/23/2014 10:10:11 AM

Thank you four,

But excuse me , if i open an account with etrade, aameritrade
Dont they have real time quotes?

And i still dont understand why stockfetcher is 20 min delayed?
Why we pay if quotes are late?

four
5,087 posts
msg #121381
Ignore four
modified
8/23/2014 12:36:00 PM

if i open an account with etrade, aameritrade
Dont they have real time quotes?

-- yup, probably

Why we pay if quotes are late?

-- If you use StockFetcher at the end of the day (after market close)
-- Or if you need to be less precise for the type of trading being done (not day trading)
-- Or like to socialize with like minded individuals

Remember to use the correct tool for the correct situation (woodsman's ax (big cut) or surgeon's scalpel (small cut))

gigant1972
6 posts
msg #121382
Ignore gigant1972
8/23/2014 12:45:26 PM

ok thank you four,

so basically to have REAL TIME FILTERS I need to pay either:

Trade-Ideas $75 a month
TC2000: $100.00 a month
ets..

may I ask what filter you personally use to daytrade?

four
5,087 posts
msg #121384
Ignore four
modified
8/23/2014 1:11:24 PM

may I ask what filter you personally use to daytrade?

-- I don't day trade as a goal. A day trade occurs because the stock makes the exit during the day that I entered.

I am inconsistent ... I trade whichever filter "catches my eye" at the moment.

As others here will tell you I produce filters to enter a trade and have not been able to develop a full system that includes exits and money management. I hope to provide ideas and perhaps you will find something to adopt in its entirety or modify for your own use.

I will point you to "Kevin" for a more complete systems orientated approach for using technical indicators:

http://www.stockfetcher.com/sfforums/?q=byuser&author=Kevin_in_GA

---

Kevin_in_GA
3,361 posts
msg #103447
- Ignore Kevin_in_GA
modified 11/23/2011 4:17:33 PM

Hey guys:

Just letting you know that I decided to start a web page on investing and some of the strategies I have shared here at SF. Please feel free to check it out - I'm still working on a few areas (mostly in the Education Section) but would love feedback. Note that this is primarily designed around investing versus trading, so the time frames and focus is on longer-term accumulation of wealth rather than high frequency stuff or options. I'll leave that to others more skilled in those areas than I.

Anyway - please check it our and provide comments. Site is free and open to all, and will always remain so.

Kevin

Site - www.statisticalinvesting.com

HTH

Longhaily
61 posts
msg #121434
Ignore Longhaily
9/4/2014 5:56:16 AM

Guys, look at one of the comments I found at Reddit Investing forums below :

" [–]ksth13[S] 1 point 1 year ago
yes pretty much only price action. I was looking at yahoo but find the charts they have are inconsistent with the ones from my brokerage (Questrade) and the charts I look at on lets say stockcharts.com. R, Python and Matlab sound interesting but how advanced of a technical trader would one have to be to get around the learning curve? I had a feeling there would be something wrong with the choices I listed above but would you mind clarifying why they suck compared to ninja trader and CQG? I'M ASKING THIS BECAUSE I HAVE ALREADY HAD SUCCESS USING STOCKFETCHER TO FIND A COUPLE SWING TRADES. AND THAT WAS WITH THE ONE DAY DELAY ON SCANS. AS FOR HAVING AN EDGE IM NOT EXPERIENCED ENOUGH TO START DAY TRADING AND THEY SEEM TO BE FINE FOR FINDING SHORT TERM PLAYS.
Thanks a lot for the advice its greatly appreciated! "

SF Scan is 1 day delay !

How can we win a battle with STALE DATA even we don't day trade ???
PREFERRED data customers already PICKED all the GOOD low hanging fruits , only the bones are left for us after 1 day.

I don't know why SF would NOT give us a true REAL TIME data option if we are willing to pay a higher price for it ?

stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #121436
9/4/2014 8:24:09 AM

Your comment after the cited message is incorrect.

As indicated in multiple areas on StockFetcher, including the filter results page and charts, as a subscriber your results are based on:

during market hours: delayed (15-20 minute) data for the current date
outside of market hours: the most recent trading day.

You are only seeing 1-day delayed data when you do not have a paid subscription to StockFetcher or are not logged into your account.

StockFetcher Support

guru_trader
485 posts
msg #121444
Ignore guru_trader
9/5/2014 12:31:07 AM

@four - thanks four, you always post great stuff

guru_trader
485 posts
msg #121446
Ignore guru_trader
9/5/2014 1:07:38 AM

Ya, StockFetcher should have given us access to a Live Real-Time data feed years ago ... but, I'm guessing they are earning enough off the swing and position traders. You can still use SF to find great set-ups for the next morning's day trades. I'm sure the fees would be higher for the real-time feed, but I would be willing to pay for that access.

Anyway, aside from your brokers' trading platforms, some good real-time scanner alternatives include:

Trade-Ideas ... http://www.trade-ideas.com/ ... with Odds-Maker ... http://www.trade-ideas.com/products/trade-ideas-pro-software/backtesting/ ... very powerful at capturing intraday movers. There is a bit of a learning curve and the monthly fees are a little high, but it can be worth it depending on your trading style. They offered me a couple hours of free telephone training when I signed up initially which helped a lot. Trade-Ideas even integrates well with some trading platforms - when an alert pops up (many, many do), you can click the alert and have the chart open in your trading platform. I have had subscriptions to these over the years.

Ramp by Nebadawn ... http://www.nebadawn.com/ ... great for chart-pattern scans. If there is a particular chart pattern or indicator combination / setup that is not already included, you can pay Andy Skinner to add it. The only problem is that, in addition to the monthly fee for RAMP, you'll need or have to pay for a separate live data feed.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · why stockfetcher has delayed quotes?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.