StockFetcher Forums · Public Filter List · help coding a 10 period MA of historical volatility and then sort<< >>Post Follow-up
smartguy
47 posts
msg #99942
Ignore smartguy
3/27/2011 4:49:25 PM

I have another stupid coding question. I want to use a 100 period historical volatility. I then want to calculate a 10 period moving average of the 100 period historical volatility. I want to add a column that shows on my chart scan this 10 period moving average value. I want to find the value , then show that value as a column on my charts that allows me to sort my findings. I want to use this value as a way to rank my findings, since this is only part of the whole criteria. I.e. all stocks that meet all the criteria of my sort, and then rank them by the highest 10 period moving average historical volatility value- Thanks in advance once again for your help.

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #99944
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
3/27/2011 7:00:12 PM

Fetcher[

set{HVmoving_average, cma(historical volatility(100,1),10)}
add column HVmoving_average
sort on column 5 descending
draw HVmoving_average on plot historical volatility(100,1)
market is S&P 500

]

Here you go - I just used this on the S&P 500 as an example.

smartguy
47 posts
msg #99951
Ignore smartguy
3/28/2011 8:24:23 AM

Many thanks

StockFetcher Forums · Public Filter List · help coding a 10 period MA of historical volatility and then sort<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.