StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · DUST - Looks ready for Breakout.<< 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 >>Post Follow-up
Mactheriverrat
3,132 posts
msg #130806
Ignore Mactheriverrat
modified
9/2/2016 2:16:55 AM

$NUGT $DUST Weekly new highs, some Gold stocks well below MA 50 day , some below MA 100 day , every GOLD Guppy Custom Weighted Moving Average (CWMA) from 5 to 15 (short term investor's group is headed south), every GOLD Guppy Custom Weighted Moving Average (CWMA) from 30 to 60 (long term term investor's group is headed south) . For some strange reason I just don't buy it that GOLD is still Bullish.

I call $SPY break its BB squeeze to the upside , GOLD dies .

OK I will go get some napkins and get ready to eat a plate full of egg on my face day of rants.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #130807
Ignore karennma
9/2/2016 6:57:18 AM

Mactheriverrat
867 posts
msg #130806
- Ignore Mactheriverrat
modified 9/2/2016 2:16:55 AM
For some strange reason I just don't buy it that GOLD is still Bullish.
=================================

Just remember, there's short-term and long term.
Gold doesn't have to be "bullish". It just has to be tradeable in one direction or another.
Erin Heim @ Stockcharts always says(something like) an indicator is a windsock, not a crystal ball.
We're just trading "direction" -- whichever way the wind blows.
And that is constantly changing ...

"Direxion" (ETFs) -
Our Leveraged and Inverse ETFs provide opportunities for traders to:

Magnify short term perspectives with daily 3x and 2x leverage
Utilize bull and bear funds for both sides of the trade.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #130808
Ignore karennma
9/2/2016 7:10:35 AM

We're all just ridin' the wave ...
Enjoy!

Mactheriverrat
3,132 posts
msg #130814
Ignore Mactheriverrat
9/2/2016 12:44:40 PM

Congrats to all the Long Golds.
One thing I want today is the SPY to close up and next week breakout of its Bollinger Band squeeze.
One thing I did get out of this whole DUST short term is I recouped almost all my $ that I'm still able to live and trade another day.

and that alright by me no matter what.

mahkoh
1,065 posts
msg #130817
Ignore mahkoh
9/2/2016 2:33:14 PM

There are 221 stocks in SF database above $125

Of those 148 had a larger daily range than GLD

Fetcher[
set{range, ind(GLD,high) - ind(GLD,low)}
set{range%, range / ind(GLD,high)}

set{range1, high - low}
set{range%1, range1 / high}
range%1 above range%

price above 125
]

What's the fuss all about?

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #130820
Ignore Eman93
modified
9/2/2016 6:48:06 PM

Almost on Q the trade was to buy the dip in the bullish trending gold at 1306. Always go with the trend when swing trading. DUST gaped down and then ran to previous resistance 35.50 pretty close never made it to 36.50, thats where you buy some NUGT or short DUST. I scalped some beer money and picked up some FCX for a swing at $10.45.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #130821
Ignore Eman93
9/2/2016 7:00:19 PM

this is a bullish chart. Will the trade be a winner who knows..but the odds are better to be long here than trying to short here. you need to be like Sargent Friday.. just the facts and be impartial.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Mactheriverrat
3,132 posts
msg #130873
Ignore Mactheriverrat
modified
9/5/2016 12:31:32 PM

Was I ever wrong.
I was using Custom Weighted Moving Averages (CWMA) instead of using Exponential moving averages. Strange but with that change it shows a whole different world of what is long and what I thought was long. To me GOLD stocks are really Bullish as all longer term Exponential moving averages (EMA) are just squeezing and not crossing over as the Custom Weighted Moving Averages (CWMA) showed. The short term group Exponential moving averages (EMA) just were under the longer term Exponential moving averages (EMA) . So I say it a short term oversold GOLD and not a change in longer term direction of GOLD. My bet anything in GOLD could see some sound gains from here.

I'm now using the below on my filters and it shows a way better Guppy trading system of the difference of whats long or short . Plus the strength of those to groups.

and draw EMA(5) on plot price
and draw EMA(9) on plot price
and draw EMA(11) on plot price
and draw EMA(13) on plot price
and draw EMA(15) on plot price

and draw EMA(30) on plot price
and draw EMA(35) on plot price
and draw EMA(40) on plot price
and draw EMA(45) on plot price
and draw EMA(50) on plot price
and draw EMA(55) on plot price

pthomas215
1,251 posts
msg #130874
Ignore pthomas215
9/5/2016 2:02:12 PM

so mac at this point you are thinking I can buy KGC and it wont be similar to catching a falling knife?? ha ha

Through EMA's, you think gold is going to rise the way oil fell last year?

Mactheriverrat
3,132 posts
msg #130875
Ignore Mactheriverrat
9/5/2016 2:34:23 PM

KGC is very possible to get on that GOLD over sold band wagon. Its long term group averages has rolled over but there is a strong re bound in Gold stocks and ETF where a lot of their long term group averages never rolled over , they just squeezed.

Oil I haven't really looked at yet.

StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · DUST - Looks ready for Breakout.<< 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.