StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · IT IS CRITICAL!!<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #130830
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
9/3/2016 9:21:45 AM

What Shilllihs originally asked for was a system based solely on SPY or the ^SPX index. The obvious challenge there is trade frequency, which can be improved by using the entire S&P 500 but that is a different system from what was requested.

Only through the use of leveraged ETFs that are bought/sold BASED ON signals from the ^SPX do I think this is possible - what was not mentioned was the acceptable failure rate and maximum drawdown one should expect. Getting to 50% per year requires risk of equally large losses along the way.

shillllihs
5,974 posts
msg #130840
Ignore shillllihs
9/3/2016 3:57:08 PM

So we agree that by using leveraged etfs through spx as the indicator,
50% may be achievable assuming you have ballz of steel.
It seems we have enough information to make 10-15% in spy
which would translate to 50-60% in Spxl Xiv Spxu Tvix, so what
we should work on is intestinal fortitude.

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #130842
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
9/3/2016 4:19:42 PM

Or proper positional sizing and proper entry and exit criteria. Drawdowns are part of trading, but can be managed at the expense of some profitability. This is why I tend to look at both the Sharpe and Calmar ratios for any trading system I am evaluating.

StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · IT IS CRITICAL!!<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.