StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · StrataSearch --- Mind Blown!<< 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 >>Post Follow-up
ferndave
65 posts
msg #138015
Ignore ferndave
9/7/2017 10:37:58 AM

Not ready to throw in the towel just yet. Found, hopefully, good data from https://www.tiingo.com. Free EOD data with 5-year history and an API that can be used. Wrote a Python script to grab data for my list of symbols into individual CSVs. Scheduled a Windows Task to run the script so StrataSearch can do its thing on time.

Happy to share if there is interest.

SAFeTRADE
630 posts
msg #138016
Ignore SAFeTRADE
modified
9/7/2017 11:15:00 AM

Kevin, this what I have so far

Buy:

rsi(2) > 70 and
macdavg(0, 3, 6, 3) > 0

Sell:

rsi(2) < 30

How do I select only SPY DIA QQQ XIV to run it against?

Thanks Kevin.

Sorry, I did not see you answered my previous post.

One more question Macd crossover I have: macdavg(0, 3, 6, 3) > 0

should it be: crossabove(macd(6,3,3),0)

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #138018
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
9/7/2017 1:25:00 PM

ferndave: Please share the script if you are willing. I'm not familiar with coding in Python but right now I'm sure it will help those of us in the same bind as you were.

Bewilderbeast
11 posts
msg #138019
Ignore Bewilderbeast
9/7/2017 1:38:40 PM

Hi:

I'd like a copy of the Python script, too, please. ;-)

Also, folks: the guy who started this thread mentioned having read "the entire 400 page manual." I've been working my way throuhg the online toot, but I don't seem to find a manual in PDF, etc. Is there one, does anyone know?

Thx.

SAFeTRADE
630 posts
msg #138020
Ignore SAFeTRADE
9/7/2017 1:47:55 PM

Yes, I downloaded it this morning. It is in the program. Click on help than PDF. And download.

Safetrade

mahkoh
1,065 posts
msg #138021
Ignore mahkoh
modified
9/7/2017 2:27:08 PM

Safetrade, not sure what exactly you're looking for but I think you mean this:

crossabove(macdavg(6,3,3),macdex(6,3))

As for the sector, go to setups, sector setups. Click Add and select your tickers. Give it a a name and run against the sector you created.

ferndave
65 posts
msg #138030
Ignore ferndave
9/7/2017 4:39:27 PM

Here is the script. If you're starting from zero, Anaconda is a good Python package to install and get things running on your computer. This is for Python 3.6 but should run ok on 2.7. I have it fetching from the start of 2016 as I'm using this for signal updates, not research. The format for ASCII importing into SS is (date, open, high, low, close, vol) and ticker from filename. You'll either have to create a 'Prices" folder in the SS Data folder, or change the directory info to where you want the files saved. I've tested it a few times and it imports into SS very well. The biggest plus is that it is easily automated through the Task Scheduler.

**StockFetcher isn't formatting it correctly. Each line below "for s in list:" needs to be indented with a tab.**

import pandas as pd

# List of symbols to fetch. Keep each symbol in quotes and separated with a comma.
list = ['GOOG', 'SPY']

for s in list:
t = pd.read_json("https://api.tiingo.com/tiingo/daily/"+s+"/prices?startDate=2016-1-1&token=PASTE YOUR TOKEN FROM TIINGO's API")
t.drop(t.columns[[0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 11]], axis=1, inplace=True)
t = t[['date', 'open', 'high', 'low', 'close', 'volume']]
t.set_index('date', inplace=True)
h = "C:StrataSearch DataPrices"+s+".csv"
t.to_csv(h)
print(s, 'Finished')

SAFeTRADE
630 posts
msg #138031
Ignore SAFeTRADE
9/7/2017 5:25:33 PM

Thank you mankoh. Much appreciated!

Bewilderbeast
11 posts
msg #138037
Ignore Bewilderbeast
modified
9/8/2017 3:21:21 AM

@SAFeTRADE:

You said, click Help, then PDF? When I click the Help button--taht was the first place I looked, of course--all I see is About--license--Mainform Help--Remove Patternz.

I don't see bupkus about a PDF. Did I screw the pooch someplace? As far as I can tell, I have the right program--seems to follow the online tutorial, etc.

I'm trying to get up to speed on this so that I can backtest something that seems to work in Forex, but I'm highly ambivalent about it working in stock options. Did I miss something someplace?

BWB

SAFeTRADE
630 posts
msg #138038
Ignore SAFeTRADE
9/8/2017 7:39:53 AM

I do not know what else to tell you. I just open the program clicked on the help tab and there it is
second choice down, followed by show tips, reset tips,check for updates and on and on.

I don't see bupkus under the help tab.

Sorry

StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · StrataSearch --- Mind Blown!<< 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.