StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · What happened to the forum?<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up
spin85
23 posts
msg #121751
Ignore spin85
10/22/2014 1:44:11 PM

I joined because this was vibrant board, what happened?

shillllihs
5,974 posts
msg #121752
Ignore shillllihs
10/22/2014 4:34:31 PM

you can"t make $$ in the stock market unless you use PERFECT FORM, so they left...boohoo...

Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #121753
Ignore Mactheriverrat
10/22/2014 11:16:29 PM

LOL!
shillllihs kills me sometimes

duke56468
683 posts
msg #121754
Ignore duke56468
10/23/2014 10:34:22 AM

Some told us good bye (chetron), some moved on to other endeavors and occasionally return (Kevin), and others just faded away. I've noticed a lot of new names lately so maybe another brilliant statistician will step up. There are a ton of filters here to tinker with and backtest. In the mean time just keep doing what works for you until it doesn't.

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #121755
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
10/23/2014 1:35:06 PM

Partly I think the recent volatility has caused usually skilled traders to take some hard losses - I know that my systems over at Collective2 took a drubbing over the last two months. Only the iron condor system was not beat up (that one did quite well). No one likes to post their mistakes, and I think that has been happening a lot more of late.

The other observation is that this board seems to be focusing on individual stocks rather than systems and filter development. I spent much of my first few years here learning the syntax, and developing and sharing a bunch of trading concepts (some of which actually worked). I don't really post that much any more unless I have something to add to the forum, and lately I have been focused on other areas.

As to the old guard departing, I think that the forums are diminishing in overall value when folks like Chetron and TRO leave. Other here will make snide comments regarding them, but the truth is they passed on knowledge to other traders that I no longer see happening here. A shame.

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #121761
Ignore Eman93
10/24/2014 12:09:05 AM

Shillis is what happened.. people that need to insult and tear down other people are the ones with the real issues. Manners and decency matter in the world, JP was always willing to help and share his methods with anybody interested to stay around long enough to learn. He was the best trader here and I thank him for all his help.

I really don't have that much time to spend on the board, I have posted pretty much everything I have discovered to be worth while.

All you really need to do is master this game http://chartgame.com/

Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #121763
Ignore Mactheriverrat
modified
10/24/2014 5:21:22 AM

A lot of knowledge on the SF forums. People like 13th_floor along with Muddy have gone to be very successful day traders. Their filters still work to this day. One can find 13th_floor if one knows where to look on twitter.

One can read every posts from posters like Eman93 , Kevin_in_GA , duke56468 , Muddy, 13th_floor, TRO , Chetron to just name a few

As for insults is just shows how little a persons mind is. Reminds me of someone with lots of money going to poor part of town saying I'm richer than you. or until he gets his a$$ whipped.

Like Eman93 said All you really need to do is master this game http://chartgame.com/

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #121765
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
10/24/2014 11:24:04 AM

I would agree with Eman on this as well - the forums have gone from a place where ideas and trades are shared to one where one inflated ego talks trash about other traders. Not cool.

It's fine to feel good about your trading. But no one ever improved their own skills by trashing others.

spin85
23 posts
msg #121770
Ignore spin85
10/24/2014 12:39:26 PM

Thanks for your input gentlemen. Seems like a bitter individual continues to trash talk the forum, not conducive to a heathy environment. Very unfortunate!!

klynn55
747 posts
msg #121778
Ignore klynn55
10/24/2014 2:39:19 PM

spin youre being naive, why do we have police and armed forces, why should it be any different here ? people are nuts.

StockFetcher Forums · Stock Picks and Trading · What happened to the forum?<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.