StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Bizarre Screens<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
edacly
28 posts
msg #116615
Ignore edacly
11/9/2013 12:01:52 PM

For power Stockfetcher users, I hope my concerns expressed below do not sound too elementary.

A few days ago, results from the way I have been using Stockfetcher changed dramatically. I have always stored the text for my filters externally to Stockfetcher. When the need to run a filter occurred, I simply copied the text for the filter into the open box that was evoked by hitting the "My Filters": button. Then if after running that filter some fine tuning was required, the text in the open box could be modified and the new filter could be executed by hitting the "test " button.

Well, a few days ago all that changed, and the reply screen I started getting back are very, very different from those previously. And the data in those screen is not accurate when compared to displays out of Stockcharts for the equivalent indicators. Unfortunately, the data from Stockcharts is correct, and the results from Stockfetcher are in error.

The filters I execute in Stockfetcher are weekly with the appropriate statement in the filter to get the weekly display. I have been talking with Stockfetcher support and so far gotten nowhere. I originally sent the a copy of the URL for one of the bizarre screens coming back, but the response back was that they cannot use the URL.

Instead, STockfetcher Support requested that I send them a "snapshot" of the bizarre screens. I was not familiar with how to generate the snapshot so Stockfetcher Support instructed me to click on the green button in the upper right hand corner to generate the snapshot. So I went in this morning to try to do so and found that STockfetcher now is not allowing me to change the text for an executed filter and then click on the "test" button to executed the changed filter because Stockfetcher no longer includes the "test" button.

So, I feel stumped on how to get StockFetcher to work the same way, with the same filters, as it did for many moons before several days ago. I don't know what the format is for the changed screens I am getting back. Is that format just bizarre, or is it a flash chart, or what ? ? ? And no matter if that format does not return correct data, and Stockfetcher now prevents me from altering the text from an executed filter, I need some sort of reeducation in order to get StockFetcher to return useful results.

Thanks for any, and all, help ! ! !

stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #116619
11/9/2013 1:40:04 PM

Sorry that you are experiencing such problems. First, by "screenshot" we suggest using an external tool that takes a picture of your browser as it appears on the screen. Since the problems you are experiencing are related to the filter construction and execution, a chart snapshot isn't necessarily of benefit.

Next, concerning the data validity. Please send us an example filter along with matches (to that filter) and indicator values that do not appear correct. This will help us understand the issue further. No changes have been made how StockFetcher computes filter results.

Thank you,
StockFetcher Support

edacly
28 posts
msg #116621
Ignore edacly
11/9/2013 1:51:07 PM

Sorry, but Stockfetcher as it now works on my desktop will not allow me to comply. I just posted another help message on the forums that explains why. It reads as follows: "Prior to several days ago, I was simply able to create a filter by (1) clicking on "My Filters" (2) copying in text stored externally into the blank dialogue box that appeared and (3) clicking on "test". Plain and simple.

Several days ago, everything changed. After clicking on "My Filters", I no longer get an empty dialogue box. Instead I get a list of screen listing filters stored in Stockfetcher along with a "create new" button at the top. When I click on "Create New" , Stockfetcher executes some meaningless filter that I have never seen before. And from that screen there is no where to go since there is no possibility to change the meaningless filter text into something meaningful and execute such since there is no button (such as "test") available.

So going back to the stockfetcher home page, I tried the "Create Filter" option. On the subsequent screen, I copied in the filter text into the dialogue box. Then, I was at a dead end since there did not seem to be a way to execute the filter, such as a "test" button.

I must be missing something ! ! !

Can anyone tell me how to create and execute a new filter out of the version of Stockfetcer that is out there today, Saturday 11/9/2013 ? ? ?

Thanks

Ed Acly

edacly
28 posts
msg #116623
Ignore edacly
11/9/2013 2:01:09 PM

I can send you the external text for the filter but its not clear how that will help. Stockfetcher on my desktop no longer works the way it did before several days ago. I have been using Stockfetcher for many years in the very same fashion, and it consistently worked. Well, everything changed several days ago.

And since yesterday, more has changed so that I can no longer even execute a filter by copying in external text for a filter and then executing that text. So until you can tell me how that can happen, or how new text for a filter can be typed in, Stockfetcher is not allowing me to send you filter results.

stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #116624
11/9/2013 2:04:23 PM

If possible, can you provide more details on how you are unable to "comply"? When clicking on the link below do you see the empty filter-builder where you can copy and paste your filter text?

Create Filter

We have removed the other thread so we are able to focus on a single thread with the issues you are experiencing.

StockFetcher Support

stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #116625
11/9/2013 2:13:18 PM

To create/edit/save a filter, follow these steps (when starting from the "MyFilters" page)

1. Click the create new.
2. Enter the filter *name* and click create.
3. To edit the filter text either click on the filter name.
4. Modify your filter text in the text area. Ex:
close >10
and ma(10) crossed above ma(50)

5. Click Fetch stocks to test.
6. Click Save to update your filter.

edacly
28 posts
msg #116626
Ignore edacly
11/9/2013 2:17:52 PM

Regarding your request for the indicator values that do not appear correct, the simple answer is that none of the indicator values were correct (very depressing). And the execution I made Friday and Thursday were coming back with 11/04/2013 at the top and I expect data on updated to only 11/04/2013 (bizarre).

But the even more fundamental problem is that the total format for the returned screen had changed into a totally different format. I have no idea what that format is. Maybe that is a flash chart, I don't know. Could I somehow mistakenly changed the default for the screen format coming back ? ? ? I did not knowing change anything on the "Settings". Should I somehow be checking for such, and how to do so ?

I just want to get back to the point so I can use Stockfetcher as it was done prior to last Thursday. Stockfetcher has clearly changed on my desktop since last Wewdnesday for the reasons already described. Right now, Stockfetcher on my desktop does not work, or deliver useful results, for the execution of a filter.

stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #116627
11/9/2013 2:23:47 PM

If you were not receiving results on the date you expected it sounds as if you either weren't logged into your account or your browser was incorrectly showing cached results.

Please provide an example filter and results/values that do not appear correct.

We have provided steps above that will allow you to run/test a filter. If you are unable to complete the steps above, please let us know which step(s) specifically fail.

StockFetcher Support

edacly
28 posts
msg #116629
Ignore edacly
11/9/2013 3:05:17 PM

OK, thanks for your details.

Things have improved. When I go in through the "Create New Filter" option, it is easy to run a new filter. That was not the case earlier today for my desktop because the "Edit Tools Save Fetch Stocks" line did not appear at the bottom. A similar scenario is true when going in through "My Filters".

I executed a filter and then displayed the results for the stock symbol AAV and then clicked on the green button returning this address:

http://charts.stockfetcher.com/sfchart/AdhI17uiIe.png

These are weekly results (field value displays) that are different from the equivalent display in Stockcharts. I believe the Stockcharts display (http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui ) is correct, and the Stockfetcher display is incorrect. Bottom line is that I am just way off base, or since last Thursday Stockfetcher has not been returning the correct field values to my desktop. Either way, I need to be able to know how to get back to before last Thursday when weekly Stockfetcher displays agreed with weekly Stockcharts displays (nothing has changed in the Stockcharts displays since last Thursday).

I then tried to change the symbol on the display screen in the upper left to "BAK" and Stockfetcher would not allow this change. Stockfetcher always would allow you to change the symbol and then get a new display for the changed symbol prior to last Thursday.

Now comes the biggest issue for me. I would simply like to get back to the display format for returned stock symbols for an executed filter to that format which existed prior to last Thursday. Can I do so ? ? ? Can you help me on how to do so.

stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #116631
11/9/2013 3:16:11 PM

Thank you for posting the chart. Since we don't have the actual filter text, we can just make a guess that your filter may be mixing weekly and daily values on a weekly chart.

If possible can you post the filter you used to generate the chart you listed?

Entering a new symbol in the box in the upper left should allow you to view the chart for the desired symbol.

Thank you,

StockFetcher Support

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Bizarre Screens<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.