StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · New SF top menu's<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 6 >>Post Follow-up
fortyfour
189 posts
msg #104691
Ignore fortyfour
1/28/2012 4:49:54 PM

SF:
Please allow an option to use the old interface.
I use SF on two computers..
The new menus will not display on one of the computers. It is fine on my home computer.

For example I cannot "create filters"
I am sure it is a security filter on the computer that is not allowing your program to execute.
I cant change that.
I will have to cancel my subscription shortly if I cant use your "old" interface.

Thanks.

stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #104692
1/28/2012 5:11:02 PM

@fortyfour: If possible can you provide more details concerning the problem you are experiencing when attempting to create filters? Specific details and any error messages you experience will help us further troubleshoot the issue.

StockFetcher.com Support

fortyfour
189 posts
msg #104694
Ignore fortyfour
modified
1/28/2012 5:53:16 PM

From the HOME PAGE when I choose to "create filter" ( selection above filter builder)
The thin horizontal bar does not appear as it does for approx 1 second as it should.

In the upper left is the "spinning whirlygig" ...it appears to be attempting to execute code.

The progress bar at the bottom has a green left edge but is not advancing.

I never get the the two filter builder boxes. I walked away for 5 minutes at least and no
change.

Also,
I can execute saved filters and get results but I do not get the "boxes"
to change or modify these filters.

There are no error messages of any kind.

I would never imply that I would ever use Stockfetcher at any Forune500 company ,
or any smaller company for that matter , where bandwidth, firewalls, security measures could be the cause of this.
Actually, if anyone asks..... it is a friend of mine that is having this problem.....not me.

jthelen
29 posts
msg #104697
Ignore jthelen
1/28/2012 6:43:03 PM

Can we get an option to use the old interface, please?

This new one is ok, it just takes longer to load on my system than the other one.

Intel 3ghz
Nvidia 7600 GT
4gb ram
1.5mb DSL

I'm running all kinds of programs and I prefer function over fancy.

JT

stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #104699
1/28/2012 6:50:00 PM

@jthelen: Concerning the load speed, the initial load does take a bit longer. Are you finding that the application is loading multiple times when you are running filters? When running saved filters, examples, etc, you should not need to reload the interface. If you do find the interface is reloading, can you provide more details/steps on what is causing this to happen?

@fortyfour: Do you know the FlashPlayer version and internet browser (make and version) you are using?

Thank you again for all of the feedback concerning this feature.

StockFetcher.com Support

fortyfour
189 posts
msg #104701
Ignore fortyfour
modified
1/28/2012 7:42:10 PM

Im sorry...I dont know the answer to either of those questions...

Actually...it is Microsoft Internet Exploprer...not sure of the version. (didnt note the make portion of question)

Dont know the flash player version.

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #104703
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
1/28/2012 8:07:49 PM

TomB and crew - I'm chiming in here because I think that you are missing a larger unmet need.

To me, this is an issue of SF spending time and resources adding features that no one asked for, while ignoring repeated requests by sunscribers for relatively simple improvements to the code.

Please pay attention to what people are asking for, and give it to them. Stop trying to improve the interface with color and Flash, and make periodic improvements to the filter code. THAT is what people pay for here.

This is just like SF 2.0 and the new Watchlists. No one really uses them, since they don't actually let you do anything really different. Please focus on addressing the hundreds of small code requests I have seen ignored over the past three years before trotting out a new interface that does not expand capabilities.

Respectfully,

Kevin

P.S. And fix the backtesting ... add commission costs to each trade and remove the misleading annualized ROI. Don't make it look pretty, make it work better.

mktmole
325 posts
msg #104710
Ignore mktmole
1/29/2012 2:32:33 PM

ditto to:

Loading Speed now slower" (is a big step backward)

Filter code/words now appear in multiple colors all over the place ( is like a Christmas tree, and not easy to follow, all black was just fine thank you)

Please allow an option to use the old interface" (as it was quick and clean.)

Stop trying to improve the interface with color and Flash, and instead make improvements to and add more filter code.

Don't make it look more pretty, make it work better.

thank you,
mm

four
5,087 posts
msg #104711
Ignore four
1/29/2012 3:40:44 PM

Filter stalled out...

draw cci(10) crossed above -120
and draw rsi(10) crossed above 40
sp500

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB7.2; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Timestamp: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 20:39:06 UTC

Line: 1011
Char: 2
Code: 0
URI: http://www.stockfetcher.com/ui2/sffilter2.php?tabid=filt_fts2

[StockFetcher Support - duplicate errors removed]

stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #104712
1/29/2012 4:31:21 PM

Hi,

Thank you for bringing this JS error to our attention. This was related to a mouse wheel event and should be resolved. Please let us know if you continue to see this.

Also with respect to the hang, we believe this to be unrelated. Let us know if you see the error again and the steps you took to produce the problem.

Thanks,
StockFetcher.com Support

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · New SF top menu's<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 6 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.