StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Filter for the Impatient<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>Post Follow-up
TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #27843
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/14/2003 7:15:42 PM

Jthehut... It just works, that's all.

Try it, you'll like it!

JoeGrossinger
165 posts
msg #28198
Ignore JoeGrossinger
9/1/2003 8:43:00 AM

Yeah, this deceptively simple filter is the main part of what I vain gloriously call "Joe's Simple System"

I have a complete description of it at:
http://www.koliga.com/forum/index.php?c=5

Where I paper trade the filter in conjunction with a very strict money management system. I have most of the bugs worked out of this complete system and am now just documenting it by papertrading a fictional $5,000 account.

This system works very well for folks who have day jobs and can't monitor their accounts all day long.
The stock picks go up but are not the most volatile stocks on the planet. The stocks are not bottom swimmers so you don't have to be afraid of losing your night shirt on one trade.

I use a 5 stock system because I realize most folks are trying to start out on a shoe string, so ideally the system only requires $5,000 to start.

I update the account daily, swith out stocks that have fallen about 4% with new ones. I am trying to stay as close to real life as possible in order to give folks an idea of what they can expect when they sink their dollars.

I don't hype anything, am just trying to concentrate on what everyone else wants to do - make money.

Feel free to stop by, look at the system, look at the trades and leave your comments.

In answer to Avery's question, no this filter has nothing to do with Holy Grail or anything you or Wallman have posted. This is 180 degrees separated from what you folks do. Yes, I do use Holy Grail's filter (you seem only to be his messenger boy) along with Wallman's and other filters in my daily stock picking, but for this simple system I have departed from anything I have seen posted and just use my experience in trading stocks.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #28200
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/1/2003 11:08:23 AM

Joe G.

Long time, no hear.

Guess you are busy counting pennies or staying in bed while the market is red, while Muddy, HG and I rake in the dollars!

We enjoyed a nice one day return on CORV. You made 5% in a week. We made over 8% in a day. But, then again, you are PAPER TRADING, while we are making real money.

And another thing Joe G., what's your email address? I want to send you pics from Hawaii in September and Cabo San Lucas, Mexico in October. As I trade from those beaches. Not bad for a "messenger boy"...LMAO!!!

JoeGrossinger
165 posts
msg #28203
Ignore JoeGrossinger
9/1/2003 1:28:14 PM

Well sonny, the difference between you and me is I leave an open, verifiable, easy-to-follow trail where folks can see that I am legit.
The only thing they get from you is a lot of empty bragging.
Indeed, Wallman has a pretty good albeit convoluted system that makes good money.

Holy Grail has one good filter that makes good money.

I have a complete, easy-to-use system that even folks with day jobs can use to make good money and I provide an open paper trade that is ongoing for folks to look at. It makes good money as well.

You on the other hand simply brag about what Wallman and Holy Grail are doing and provide nothing but bragging. I can look for last week's great gainers as well sonny, but what's the point?

Have fun in "Hawaii"! LOL!

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #28204
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/1/2003 2:34:10 PM

Joe G., it is obvious you have NOT been paying attention if you think I brag and offer nothing.

Check my posts... see how many tips, techiniques, filters, strategies, BOOLEAN LOGIC SYSTEM, etc.. I have posted. Yours don't even come close.

As far as last week's picks, just run the filters, you have them, you can see for yourself. Nothing empty about that.

What's wrong Joe G.? Did you sleep through last week's profitable trades?

MARKET RED, JOE G. GOES BACK TO BED.

rrochon
117 posts
msg #28212
Ignore rrochon
9/1/2003 5:21:48 PM

Rumple,

I ran your filter: SHOW STOCKS WHERE RSI(2) < X where X is < 10 , and zero stocks came up.

What did I do wrong?

Dick

rrochon
117 posts
msg #28214
Ignore rrochon
9/1/2003 6:32:51 PM

Rumple,

I ran your filter: SHOW STOCKS WHERE RSI(2) < X where X is < 10 , and zero stocks came up.

What did I do wrong?

Dick

rrochon
117 posts
msg #28215
Ignore rrochon
9/1/2003 6:44:43 PM

Joe,

If starting w/$5000, would you compound your winnings? If you were up to $6000, would you buy 1/5 of the 6K, and keep buying 1/5 of your total value?

Or would you just keep buying 1/5 of 5K, no matter what your value increased to?

Dick

JoeGrossinger
165 posts
msg #28216
Ignore JoeGrossinger
9/1/2003 6:52:33 PM

Avery, some of the work you do is quite good. The Holy Grail filter is excellent, I have said that before. You just need to stop and realize that the market is different strokes for different folks and that there are no hard and fast rules except I do like the one you spout about at times.

"Give nothing back"

I like to give as little as possible back while taking as much as possible off the table. However, no two people ever end up doing that quite the same way and you are just going to have to put up with that.

Except for making money, there is no right way and there is no wrong way if you end up with more money at the end of the day than what you started with.
No, I don't give a rat's toenail where you tour guide or vacation or whatever.
To me winning is the reward. The money is just a way of keeping score.

JoeGrossinger
165 posts
msg #28218
Ignore JoeGrossinger
9/1/2003 7:09:05 PM

rrochon, you can do it either by adding a few more stocks, but that gets hard to handle so for me I keep them at 5 and just buy more shares. If it gets to the point where you are buying too many (8,000 to 15,000) shares at a time, then ratchet up the closing price on your search.
However, there is another good way to do it and that is to find another filter you like and buy 5 of those stocks. My method works with any filter, I just use the simple one because folks with day jobs can trade it with no problem.
Holy Grail and Wallman are great filters but frankly, they require baby sitting and are really only for folks that don't have a day job. However there are plenty of filters around that work just great and let you spread your risk even further without diluting the quality of picks.
If you are part of the Muddy group, look for Werner's Bollinger Band filter in the files area. It is excellent and it will hit on different stocks from mine or most others. It might be worth your trouble to join that group just to get the filter. Those folks are weirdos for the most part, don't like sharing unless you give them your email address and yada yada yada, but Werner's filter is worth it. There are also some good filters being posted on my forum where you can just copy and paste them like here without sucking up to a group or whatever. That works best for me.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stockfetcher/
http://www.koliga.com/forum/index.php?c=5

Most of the filters in stockfetcher are pretty much inbred and far too many try to take variations of Holy Grail or Wallman. I prefer fresh, new stuff like
the one posted under GT18 :: GOGO Filter in the filter forum.
It's great stuff and it's different, so that spreads your exosure and will give you different types of ammo when the market changes as it always does.
Getting rich ain't easy but it sure is fun.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Filter for the Impatient<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.