StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · HISTOGRAM MAGIC!<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14 >>Post Follow-up
txtrapper
548 posts
msg #44043
Ignore txtrapper
5/22/2006 2:04:48 PM

MACD Magic breakdown;

VASO +26.67%
BSM +18.02%
ARCI +13.71%
DECT +14.78%

I've completed my analysis. I did not do this research to challenge anyone, I did it to find out for myself it the MACD Magic had merit. I find it makes no significant difference in performance if the MACD fast/slow line is above or below 0 and that's the bottomline.

Suprisingly, the largest number of % gainers in the NASDAQ,AMEX,NYSE today 5/22 had the MACD fast/slow line below 0 at the open.

Facts speak for themselves.

TxTrapper

Come join a good group of helpful individuals, pumper's need not apply!

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/bottomlinestocks/

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #44063
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
5/22/2006 9:46:02 PM

- DELETED BY THEMIGHTYRIGGS HIMSELF -

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #44064
Ignore nikoschopen
5/22/2006 9:59:38 PM

Obviously, Ragg likes to spill vitriol to his detractors rather than give a coherent defense for his filter. At the very least, Trapper took his time and effort to get his point across. Well, there certainly is no accounting for taste when it comes to "WallStreetCryBaby"!

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #44065
Ignore alf44
modified
5/22/2006 10:04:11 PM

...firstly...I DON'T use a 12/26/9 MACD (I use a 3/10/16 Price Oscillator) !

...secondly...I DO believe that trading ABOVE the MACD ZERO LINE IS...a prudent and sound strategy !

...thirdly...txtrapper...YOU ARE WRONG...and "JESUS" is right !!!

Dear Gawd...tell me I didn't just say that !!! LOL

Regards,

alf44

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #44067
Ignore nikoschopen
5/22/2006 10:19:22 PM

If I'm not mistaken, Trapper's claim wasn't so much that trading below or above the zeroline isn't important as that it makes no difference in the near term. From that perspective, I would chime in that he's quite right. This problem wouldn't have risen had that Ragg kept his place in check, but he keeps switching from being a day trader at one moment to a position trader at another with convenience whenever his twisted filters are challenged. But, then again, he's not nuanced enough to know the difference between a day trading and position trading.

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #44070
Ignore alf44
5/22/2006 10:32:15 PM

...as I said...

"Dear Gawd...tell me I didn't just say that !!! LOL"

-----------------------

Too late !

I said it !!!

But let me just say this...

There are "Trend Following Set-ups" (as "Jesus" has referred)...AND...

...there are "Counter Trend Set-ups" (as txtrapper has referred)...

KNOW YOUR SET-UP !!!

Both are valid...BUT..."TREND FOLLOWING SET-UPS" are HIGHER PROBABILITY TRADES ! imo

-------------------------

Believe me...I'm cringing at the thought of being in agreement with "Jesus" on this argument...but...if I bust his balls for being a schmuck...I have to at least be just as outspoken when he gets it right...FOR ONCE !

Regards,

alf44

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #44097
Ignore TheRumpledOne
5/23/2006 1:45:57 PM

Focus on the MESSAGE and NOT the messenger.

BFreshour
139 posts
msg #44102
Ignore BFreshour
5/23/2006 4:14:14 PM

The things we argue over... Who cares, I'm sick of all the fussing!

Everyone knows that DMA(28,-14) is not a predictor like Riggs thinks but the fact remains that something does tend to happen when you use it like he says. MACD is useful in everywhich way, top cross-overs, and bottom-crossovers...

Nothing really matters except the all-famous statement:

It's not WHAT you trade, but HOW you trade it!

cello13
88 posts
msg #44107
Ignore cello13
5/23/2006 5:25:02 PM

Hi all, especially Riggs

I was impressed about your new filter. Honestly, I'm a beginner and still looking for a strategy that could fit for me. Personally speaking, I was looking for bullish and bearish divergences in MACD-H, but then read Riggs' post about DMA(28,-14), which made my wonder, what could be behind this indicator. Now, after searching for the "perfect" constellation for Riggs DMA-method, I had a look at LOGI. Riggs, may you have a look at it and tell me, if this could be one of those famous stocks, you're always writing about? Thx in advance for your reply and happy trading ;-)

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #44121
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
5/24/2006 1:43:35 AM

- DELETED BY THEMIGHTYRIGGS HIMSELF -

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · HISTOGRAM MAGIC!<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.