StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · RSI(2) - The Little Indicator That Could<< 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 26 >>Post Follow-up
y9853
2 posts
msg #34847
Ignore y9853
1/11/2005 12:34:38 PM

Wiliams' Wait for Green???
What is this?

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #35115
Ignore TheRumpledOne
2/12/2005 11:39:03 AM

wallman 8/13/2004 11:01:50 PM

Mark, i think you are missing quite alot here, i don't just scan "a few" stocks ,i watch 20 on one list of lbb/low RSI(2) and 20 on another watchlist of oversold stocks with a relatively low ( for that particular stock ) RSI(2) of past stocks from years of trading that i know bounce from bottomfish filters,i chart for bottom candle tails and volume increases(3 day or more stairstep vol inc being my favorite setup ),then i wait for a green hold on said stocks or a start to bounce from deep red from an even dollar mark, so it's not just a "scan and buy 'em thing ",it takes some effort,patience and time to get a feel for it but for me it works great and i've been trading off the lbb's for 4 years now so it's not just a one month wonder like many filters i've seen come and go

marine2
963 posts
msg #35120
Ignore marine2
2/12/2005 8:34:04 PM

TheRumpledOne, I have a few questions:

What is your price range you like in picking bottomed stocks you're looking for?

What's the average amount of time (hours/days/weeks/months) does it take for your buy - sell transaction?

There has been other tools finding stock popping to quick upside actions; have you tried these other methods but still find your RSI(2) >1 the most effective?

In your own approximate figure, how much do you think you have made off this RSI(2) >1 method?

If you feel so strongly, and positively know, that this way is at least 75% or more to the investors favor would you or have you considered making this particular Forum "Filter Exchange" section to Stock Fetcher an area where you could give the Forum members here stock recommendations each day or once a week etc to help them prosper like you have over the years?

I have looked at this method and do see the pop that occurs but most are short and you certainly better have a stop established when playing this particular method. Lol, going on vacation after you purchase one of these just might make you re-think doing this particular one at this time. To insure yourself of more positive results of course is to buy when the markets are happy and going upward. And to be on top of that purchased stock all the time its actively being traded. The old saying "you snooze you lose" is very applicable in this methods regards.

Thanks for listening, and hopefully you will answer my questions.

Marine2

wallman
299 posts
msg #35127
Ignore wallman
2/13/2005 12:18:14 AM

TheRump and I are at the stockfechter website,check it out if interested in RSI2,money made,ha, TONS my friend,but you gotta have at least the basics in trading skills,if not it's better left alone until you do,these move big time UP many times but they can run back hard on you also,not for the scared money players

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #35307
Ignore TheRumpledOne
3/9/2005 8:03:12 PM

If anyone saw ABLE.. they know the power of rsi(2)!

Try it on a 60 minute chart, you'll like it!

www.prophet.net has all you need.

MAY ALL YOUR FILLS BE COMPLETE.

marine2
963 posts
msg #35318
Ignore marine2
3/10/2005 11:03:58 PM

I have your formula: "show stocks RSI(2) < 1]" in one of my present filters and went back to the time ABLE went up and didn't see a green arrow? So just using that verbiage didn't catch this one on time. Wondering what programmed verbiage you used to catch it on time before it popped upwards?

This company that you picked out granted it did pop up very very nicely but out of the percentage of the ones your filter is screening as possible buys how many really do what this one does? I can say not very many at all. This was a unique and rare occurance and you of course loved to show us this was picked by your filter. Well if it did then show us your filters ingrediants that told us it was time to buy. No need to just tell us to go over to your web site and find out. We want you to show us your filter here in our web site "Stockfetcher" it's time to show us your walk and not all talk.

Kindly awaiting your response. Thank you!

Marine2

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #35346
Ignore TheRumpledOne
3/14/2005 10:15:08 AM

Marine...

I will let RSI(2) speak for itself.. it already read has... LOUDLY!

marine2
963 posts
msg #35355
Ignore marine2
3/14/2005 10:39:47 PM

TheRumpledOne, :) you still didn't answer my question but it's ok. I know your secret formula will remain locked within yourself for perhaps forever. It's all good though because you do show many of the forum members that filters in here work and work well. Just have to go find the right one that fits your style of investing.

And may you also have a wonderful time in the investing world!

Marine2

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #35356
Ignore TheRumpledOne
3/14/2005 11:37:45 PM

Marine:

You are looking in the "wrong" place.

Filters are a STARTING POINT... NOT AN END.

You must master TRADING.

It's not what stock you trade, it's HOW YOU TRADE IT.

There is no magic filter that will give stocks to buy and they all go up (except maybe my secret one...lol). Even if there was one, you would still have to SELL FOR A PROFIT BEFORE THE MARKET TAKES IT ALL BACK.

Fetcher[rsi(2) equals rsi(2) 200 day low
and 200 day slope of the close above 0
and close above 0.01 and Average Volume(10) is above 300000
and volume above 300000
]

There's a filter you can use to find UPTRENDING stocks at their rsi(2) 200 day low. If you find one that shows a pattern of bottoming and running back up, LOAD THE BOAT AND TRADE IT FOR PROFIT.

SIGM is on the list. I have never traded SIGM and I don't know what they do.

What the 3 month/daily chart show me is that there is money to be made with SIGM.

Safe play is to wait for SIGM to close above its daily ema(5) and then load the boat.. TAKE PROFIT before the market takes it back. If you buy 1000 shares and show a nice profit.. sell 1/2 and let the rest ride... use a breakeven stop... then you make money no matter what happens next.

THIS IS SIMPLE... DO NOT COMPLICATE IT.... LESSON OVER.

judgetrade
107 posts
msg #35364
Ignore judgetrade
3/15/2005 5:42:34 PM

I never learned so much in such a short time frame reading this subject!
Thank you!

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · RSI(2) - The Little Indicator That Could<< 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 26 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.