StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · RSI(2) - The Little Indicator That Could<< 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 26 >>Post Follow-up
marine2
963 posts
msg #35365
Ignore marine2
3/15/2005 8:48:16 PM

TheRumpledOne, your response is finally what I was looking for. And that was substance. Thank you for giving us your indepth view of investing.

Happy investing!

Marine2

knowsenough
54 posts
msg #35366
Ignore knowsenough
3/15/2005 11:12:48 PM

A screen using RSI(2)?
What are you going to find using a 2 day period indicator with a 200 day low range? It's value in your scan is 3% using view results by component so it's really returning nothing. Most key indicators when used correctly in a screen line dominate the screens returns as they were intended to with a high % of say 80+%. RSI(2) is an intraday scalping tool when you've already taken a position and useless in a screen as a hunting aid for new entries. JMHO

marine2
963 posts
msg #35367
Ignore marine2
3/15/2005 11:49:26 PM

TheRumpledOne, ok your up to bat!

Marine2

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #35369
Ignore TheRumpledOne
3/16/2005 12:13:37 AM

Marine2... you're cracking me up!

I am not up to bat. I know what RSI(2) does. Some people learn from books, follow the crowd and get what the crowd gets. Others, blaze new trails, turn a deaf ear to the herd, and reap huge rewards. THE CHOICE IS YOURS!

SIGM.. too funny, had earnings today... NEVER load up the day of earnings unless you have friends on the inside... and that's against the law! SIGM up 2.7% in after hours... once again, RSI(2)!

MAGS RSI(2) 3 days ago was 2.83 at $10.31 close. Today, MAGS closed at $12.22.
Care to compute the percent gain?

Your mission, if you accept this assignment, is to find an uptrending stock that did NOT make money after hitting its RSI(2) 200 day low. You'll find a needle in a haystack much quicker..lol

MAY ALL YOUR FILLS BE COMPLETE!

marine2
963 posts
msg #35373
Ignore marine2
3/16/2005 8:44:14 PM

TheRumpledOne, I was just alerting you to someone that has just shot at your ships bow aiming to sink it. Was wondering if you were going to respond to his negative comment.

You did respond in a general statement attesting to your filtering tools remarkable past achievements, and current achievements. With examples no-less. You do give many of us grand hopes for doing better things in here and we appreciate it.

Carry-on!

Marine2

dwiggains
441 posts
msg #35377
Ignore dwiggains
3/17/2005 12:06:16 PM

TheRumpledOne -- your RSI (2) work has been very good. I have been reading all of your material for several months. I have been working with your last comment of finding a stock that did not make money in an uptrending stock after hitting its RSI (2) 200 day low. I have been using 30 to 200 day slope of the close > 0 and cannot seem to get it to work. I need a little more help.
Thanks
David

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #35383
Ignore TheRumpledOne
3/17/2005 11:44:27 PM

dwiggains 3/17/2005 12:06:16 PM

TheRumpledOne -- your RSI (2) work has been very good. I have been reading all of your material for several months. I have been working with your last comment of finding a stock that did not make money in an uptrending stock after hitting its RSI (2) 200 day low. I have been using 30 to 200 day slope of the close > 0 and cannot seem to get it to work. I need a little more help.
Thanks
David

David, that's the point..... you're not going to find one easily!

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #35384
Ignore TheRumpledOne
3/17/2005 11:46:09 PM

Fellow traders take at least half the time you're spending on filter writing and tweaking and use that time to study TRADING and MONEY MANAGEMENT!

IT'S NOT WHAT STOCK YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

MAY ALL YOUR FILLS BE COMPLETE.

knowsenough
54 posts
msg #35387
Ignore knowsenough
3/18/2005 8:40:32 AM

Shot across the bow...up to bat...
Marine you do have a great sense of humor and to clarify any ruffled feathers, in every instance of stock examples presented, there were other factors at work that truely caused the move. If RSI(2) 200 day low works for you...great. I'd rather not have to focus on 20+ returns from a scan to find the one single gainer. Much easier to script to a return list of 5 that are truely at inflection point from an alignment of more than one single indicator. Good Luck to you. And to the contrary...who follows the herd? LOL

acervapsych
39 posts
msg #35399
Ignore acervapsych
3/19/2005 1:45:24 PM

I was introduced to RSI(2) about two years ago from reading Rumple one posting. So far I been trading RSI(2) ever since. Look at Staples (SPLS) Touched liner regression 3,6, and 1 year chart (http://www.prophet.net).. Had a low RSI(2). I loaded the boat and made some money. It is a very simple concept. The bottom line is money management. Know how much risk you are willing to take and wait for green. Set your stop very tight and take all the money you can.

Thanks Rumple for introducing RSI(2) to me two years ago….

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · RSI(2) - The Little Indicator That Could<< 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 26 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.