StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · THE MIGHTY RIGGS HAS DONE IT AGAIN PART I<< 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 >>Post Follow-up
deejal
45 posts
msg #43547
Ignore deejal
modified
5/8/2006 12:17:21 AM

i get 300-5000 possibilities. Perhaps I am not copying the entire filter correctly. Do I need to copy the */normalize/ and stuff like that also?

Thanks

nevermind... i figured it out

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #43548
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
5/8/2006 12:17:42 AM

deejal -

"Do I need to copy the */normalize/ and stuff like that also?"

Yes...in fact, that's the mainframe of the filter. Without that "stuff," it's not even a filter. Enjoy.

- RIGGS -

deejal
45 posts
msg #43549
Ignore deejal
modified
5/8/2006 12:33:39 AM

Pardon my ignorance, as I am not a stockfetcher guru. But in your filter, which by the way, is reallly really nice.... I don't understand what these mean:
adval ccval rsval wrval

Is their a particular number I should be looking for in these columns? I read the posts but don't see the answer anywhere.

Also, the filter above is not the same as the other filter... any major differences?

Thanks.

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #43554
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
5/8/2006 9:49:04 AM

dejall -

"adval" is Accumulation Distribution:
It shows the impactful public interest in a stock.

"ccval" is CCI. Better known as Commodity Channel Index: gives quicker reads and divergence.

"rsval" is none other than RSI. Nuff said on that.

"wrval" is Williams %R. Is an oscillator that confirms trends and warns you of upcoming reversals.

What you are seeing, is all four of these plotted together on one chart. When ccval, rsval, and wrval all start to turn up from the bottom, while adval is above 80, there usually will be a short to long term play. And yes....the new filter is an updated more efficient version of the original.

Good Luck,

- RIGGS -

deejal
45 posts
msg #43563
Ignore deejal
modified
5/8/2006 7:03:13 PM

Riggs,
Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear.

You have two filters here that are worded very differently. You have the one just a few up here starting with close is above 2

and then you have the other one that starts with close above 20

One produces 4 hits and the other produced 70+ hits but none of the hits were on both lists.

So, that is why I am confused a bit because the syntax is different.

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #43565
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
5/9/2006 1:36:34 AM

deejal -

Don't read too much into the "close 2/20" because I just forgot to add a "0" to make it "20." But here again is the filter that you want to pay close attention to:

Looking for INCREASED volume breakouts is always a great start....

Fetcher[Close is above 20
60-day slope of close is above 0
Draw Williams %R line at 0
average volume(90)is above 150000
sort column 8 ascending
offset 0-days

*** RIGGS ACCUMULATION WARM POP-80 ***

/* NORMALIZE accumulation distribution */

set{adval, INDPOSITION(accumulation distribution, 60) * 100 }

/* NORMALIZE RSI(7) */

set{rsval, INDPOSITION(RSI(7), 60) * 100}

/* NORMALIZE CCI(7) */

set{ccval, INDPOSITION(CCI(7), 60) * 100 }

/* NORMALIZE williams %r(7) */

set{wrval, INDPOSITION(williams %r(7), 60) * 100 }

/* DRAW THE MP CCIWLR CHART */

and draw wrval
and draw adval on plot wrval
and draw rsval on plot wrval
and draw ccval on plot wrval

add column adval
add column ccval
add column rsval
add column wrval

ccval has been increasing 1-day
rsval has been increasing 1-day
wrval has been increasing 1-day

adval has been above 75 the last 1 month
wrval is below 50
adval is above 80
]

- RIGGS -

deejal
45 posts
msg #43585
Ignore deejal
5/9/2006 8:46:10 PM

well, ok. will do. But the two filters definitely produce different results.
At any rate... the first one is great!
Thanks

clam61
92 posts
msg #43588
Ignore clam61
5/9/2006 9:47:08 PM

is this the same as the warm pop 80? it loosk the same but some #s are slightly changed.

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #43594
Ignore alf44
5/9/2006 11:01:15 PM

deejal...

...you say...

..."At any rate... the first one is great !"

------------------------------------

Do me a favor...take those offsets on lil riggsy's "plagiarized filters" back...

...50 Days...

...40 Days...

...30 Days...

...20 Days...

Do they STILL hold up ???

Looking forward to your results !

Please post back with what you find ! tia

Regards,

alf44

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #43595
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
5/10/2006 12:20:14 AM

alf44 5/9/2006 11:01:15 PM

deejal...

...you say...

..."At any rate... the first one is great !"

------------------------------------

Do me a favor...take those offsets on lil riggsy's "plagiarized filters" back...

...50 Days...

...40 Days...

...30 Days...

...20 Days...

Do they STILL hold up ???

Looking forward to your results !

Please post back with what you find ! tia

Regards,

alf44

Only an I-M-B-E-C-I-L-E would hold a stock for "40,50-days" from a filter that's only designed for 3-5 days max. ROFLMAO!!!

Hey Ralph44...how long do you think it takes "Williams %R(7)" to get overbought anyway? Your fund manager must love you!!! LOL....boy...there's a sucker in every croud. "40 or 40 days"....what a Dope! ROFLMAO!!!!!!

Poor Ralph....hey bud, I'll try to put together a nice DIVIDEND filter for ya! Seeing how that's the ONLY way you know how to make $Money$. LOL.....

- WALLSTREETJESUS -

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · THE MIGHTY RIGGS HAS DONE IT AGAIN PART I<< 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.