StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · THE ONE & ONLY DOMINATOR! THE NEW DMA(28,-14)<< 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 >>Post Follow-up
riggs
313 posts
msg #39440
Ignore riggs
12/9/2005 12:26:53 PM

Sure can...look for reversal candles at the bottom. Doji's, 50% increase volume spikes, Bullish Engulfing etc...Then wait for Divergence on CCI(7)and crossovers on your K% of slow stochastics(5,3)on HOURLY charts. There are many more, but those will give you a good start.

RIGGS.

trendseeker
1 posts
msg #39442
Ignore trendseeker
12/9/2005 3:40:09 PM

Hi How can I use this filter ? What signals do I have to look befire making buy and sell?

riggs
313 posts
msg #39444
Ignore riggs
12/9/2005 6:36:00 PM

Trendseeker -

Do you know what DMA is? Before I can explain the filter, I need to know what YOU know first okay? - RIGGS -

udisgv7
13 posts
msg #39466
Ignore udisgv7
12/11/2005 7:31:30 AM

riggs
1.thanks for the 3 interesting filters.
2. what is the time frame for the "expected" move ? its a day trading time frame or more likely days.
3. you replied before to another , but please spend few minutes to explain more practically how to use the first 2 filters (the longs).
from the moment i have the daily list and specific stock, how do i interpate the data and on what point execute a trade.
thanks again
udi

riggs
313 posts
msg #39468
Ignore riggs
12/11/2005 5:00:58 PM

riggs
1.thanks for the 3 interesting filters.
2. what is the time frame for the "expected" move ? its a day trading time frame or more likely days.
3. you replied before to another , but please spend few minutes to explain more practically how to use the first 2 filters (the longs).
from the moment i have the daily list and specific stock, how do i interpate the data and on what point execute a trade.
thanks again
udi

********************************************************************************

UDI & Trendseeker -

Thanks for taking the time to look. As far as "time frame," it works perfect in ANY time frame, weekly, daily intra-day. Let's take some time looking at a couple of stocks to get a real feel for how this works. I also promised to give you all a couple of fun filters to go along with this theme.

Let me begin by pointing out that some charting sites don't pick-up the last 2 days of DMA(28,-14), much less the moving average period. But obviously and thankfully, stockfetcher does. Now take a look at the # 1. DMA 5% filter. You will see at the time of this post(12/11/05) 25 results. I alway look for stocks that are at least $3.00 BELOW the DMA. So lets start with "CTRP" @ $52.45. The first thing you want to look for is "reversal signals." What do you first see with CTRP on a daily chart? You see a major negative right? Bullish Engulfing with that huge dark candle. BUT! it's at a big time resistance level right? Also, look at the volume spike. Other than "Doji's", 50% increased spikes are a definite signal that better times are ahead.

So what's next? How about indicators that show DIVERGENCE? I always start with CCI(7)for divergence, but if it's not there, I turn to 'TRO'S' RSI(2). And as you can clearly see, divergence shows it's beautiful face. So far we have a POSSIBLE play right? We have a stock where DMA is above price by more than $3, it's at a major resistance level AND it's a classic "Double Bottom" too! Next I look at the long term "weekly" chart. If the weekly chart shows the same, I pull it aside and wait for an intra-day set-up. And sure enough, the WEEKLY is more than $6 below the DMA!

So now we pull up a 5-day HOURLY(60 MIN.)chart. What are we looking for? The same as above! DMA above price, reversal signals, and divergence. What is CPRT telling us on the hourly chart? It's telling us, "DO NOT WAIT ANYLONGRER!!!" It's clear that DMA is lurking above, you got a major exhaustion volume spike(reversal signal) at the 12:30 session, AND divergence with CCI(7)and RSI(2). You even have divergence with your Fisher Transform(10), and a nice round azz...I mean nice round bottom on your Slow Stochastics(5,3)and heading up! There is not a better example than CPRT! So what's the entry you ask? Well if you look at your 3 min. chart, it left us with a "bullish Thrusting line" at the 3:57 mark. So I will wait for the first 15 min session of the next trading day, and if it's a white candle, I wait for my indicators to go oversold & jump in when I see divergence in either slow stochastics(5,3)and or CCI(7). And volume has to be increasing prior to that. I also may enter after seeing significant changes on my level II screen as well. That usually tells me some "good news" just got released somewhere. Other than that, I look to get filled.

I now want to show you how POWERFUL DMA is on hourly charts without the classic daily & weekly chart signs. Pull up a 3 month daily chart on(TOT). Notice how it's been in a trading range this past week? Notice also the negative responce you are getting from your slow stochastics? Also notice the BEARISH HARAMI you got yesterday(12/10/05) near resistance level? Now pull up your weekly. Not much different right? Now pull up a 10-day HOURLY chart on (TOT). Look at how the DMA is acting towards the end of the trading day. See how it's starting to point up? This is the "crytal ball" effect I've been try to tell everyone. The day's sessions ended with a couple of Harami cross', no real volume to speak of, and still appears to be in an overall sleepy state. Now look to the left of the chart all the way over on 11/30/05. See how price is dropping but DMA is rising? It went FROM 124 TO 129 in no time! The day prior to that(11/29/05)on a daily chart didn't really show any kind of buying signals. No real DMA, divergence etc...but things sure did change intra-day the next day didn't they? And you didn't have to wait for divergence or EMA crossovers to figure out something was about to happen right? What happened? DMA rocketing baby!

Here is a DMA filter to spot BOTH divergence and Doji's. A special thanks to THERUMPLEDONE for the divergence part of the filter....

Fetcher[show stocks where 2 day slope of DMA(28,-14)is above 0 and close is more than 3% below DMA(28,-14)and low 1 day ago is below open and high 1 day ago is above close and close is below close 2 days ago and CCI(7)is above CCI(7)2 days ago and CCI(7)is below 0 and average volume(90)is above 500000 and volume is above 500000 and close is above 2 and draw ema(3)draw ema(13)draw ema(39)add column DMA(28,-14)add column slow stochastics(5,3)sort column 2 descending and offset 0 days]

This next DMA filter will find stocks dropping and then resting on the 50-day MA. The DMA will then serve as your price target.

Fetcher[show stocks where close is more than 3% below DMA(28,-14)and close has been above MA(50)for the last 10 days and price is approaching MA(50)and close is above 2 and average volume(90)is above 300000 and volume is above 300000 and draw ema(3)draw ema(13)draw MA(50)add column DMA(28,-14)add column slow stochastics(5,3)add column industry and sort column 2 descending and offset 0 days]

Now this next DMA filter is showing "filter error" but is working just fine. This filter is going to find a few nice HOURLY filters for you. We talked about the powerful effects hourly charts have with DMA.

Fetcher[show stocks where 2 day slope of DMA(28,-14)is above 0 and volume gained 50% more than volume 1 day ago and close is below open and close is more than 2% below DMA(28,-14)and average volume(90)is above 300000 and volume is above 300000 and close is above 2 and draw ema(3)draw ema(13)draw ema(39)add column DMA(28,-14)add column slow stochastics(5,3)add column industry and sort column 2 descending and offset 0 days]

I hope this answers the questions you two had, and I'm glad I had the time to go over them for you. I'm in a great mood today, I had Cleveland +12 @ Cincinnati on a straight bet for $2,200.00 and won 20-23! Love those DD spreads...

RIGGS.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #39469
Ignore TheRumpledOne
12/11/2005 6:27:05 PM

"So what's next? How about indicators that show DIVERGENCE? I always start with CCI(7)for divergence, but if it's not there, I turn to 'TRO'S' RSI(2). And as you can clearly see, divergence shows it's beautiful face. So far we have a POSSIBLE play right? We have a stock where DMA is above price by more than $3, it's at a major resistance level AND it's a classic "Double Bottom" too! Next I look at the long term "weekly" chart. If the weekly chart shows the same, I pull it aside and wait for an intra-day set-up. And sure enough, the WEEKLY is more than $6 below the DMA! "

Did you mean at a major SUPPORT level?

riggs
313 posts
msg #39470
Ignore riggs
12/11/2005 7:31:10 PM

Oops! Thanks for catching that Avery! Yes, Major SUPPORT level, rather than "resistance level."

Riggs.

riggs
313 posts
msg #39471
Ignore riggs
12/11/2005 7:50:48 PM

I also meant to say BEARISH ENGULFING in that 2nd paragraph, rather than "Bullish Engulfing." But can clearly see where I was going with it...

RIGGS.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #39658
Ignore TheRumpledOne
12/18/2005 6:42:30 PM

Fetcher[Show stocks where 2 day slope of DMA(28,-14)is above 0 and
EMA(3)crossed below DMA(28,-14)within the last 3 days and
DMA(28,-14)is more than 5% above close and EMA(39)is more than 3% above close and average volume(90)is above 100000 and volume is above 100000 and close is above 2 and draw EMA(3)draw EMA(13)draw EMA(39)add column DMA(28,-14)add column Double stochastics(10,3)add column industry and sort column 6

/* Multiple ZOOM LENS */

/* NORMALIZE momentum(12) */

set{moval22, INDPOSITION(momentum(12), 22) * 100}
set{moval60, INDPOSITION(momentum(12), 60) * 100}
set{movalwk, INDPOSITION(weekly momentum(12), 26) * 100}

/* NORMALIZE williams %r(10) */

set{wrval22, INDPOSITION(williams %r(10), 22) }
set{wrval60, INDPOSITION(williams %r(10), 60) }
set{wrvalwk, INDPOSITION(weekly williams %r(10), 26)}

/* PLOT CRITERIA */

draw moval22
draw moval60 on plot moval22
draw movalwk on plot moval22

draw wrval22
draw wrval60 on plot wrval22
draw wrvalwk on plot wrval22

add column moval22
add column moval60
add column movalwk

add column wrval22
add column wrval60
add column wrvalwk

add column industry

/* MP RSIWLR ANALYZER DISPLAY */
/* NORMALIZE accumulation distribution */

set{adval, INDPOSITION(accumulation distribution, 60) * 100 }

/* NORMALIZE momentum(12) */

set{moval, INDPOSITION(momentum(12), 60) * 100}

/* NORMALIZE rsi(2) */

set{rsval, RSI(2) }

/* NORMALIZE williams %r(10) */

set{wrval, INDPOSITION(williams %r(10), 60) * 100 }

/* DRAW THE MP RSIWLR CHART */

and draw wrval
and draw adval on plot wrval
and draw moval on plot wrval
and draw rsval on plot wrval

/* END MPs RSIWRL DISPLAY CODE */
]

I think you will like the charts.

MAY ALL YOUR FILLS BE COMPLETE.

riggs
313 posts
msg #39661
Ignore riggs
12/18/2005 7:24:10 PM

Avery -

I started to laugh when I first saw this, But when I looked at it closer, I did one of those rubber necks! You know....when you see one of those hot babes walking down melrose avenue? I'm seeing stocks that aren't already on my DMA filters, and that's making me feel very excited! Forget the hot babes, I'm about to take over the world!!!! LOL....Listen, I'm gonna be emailing you in the next few days about your Zoom Lens filter, b/c you may really be on to something here. Nice work man, and thanks for the combo! I appreciate it.

RIGGS

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · THE ONE & ONLY DOMINATOR! THE NEW DMA(28,-14)<< 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.