StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · TheRUMP & JOE G. ONE DAY SHOOTOUT!<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up
txtrapper
548 posts
msg #28210
Ignore txtrapper
9/1/2003 5:05:04 PM

Down here in Texas we still settle things the "Old Fashioned Way", NOW TheRump and Joe G. are definately in disagreement and need to have a "STOCK PICK SHOOTOUT" right here in front of all SF members.........

THREE(3)TOP STOCK PICKS from EACH CONTESTANT for TUESDAY, 09/02/2003

O.K. MEN IT'S TIME TO "THROWN DOWN OR GO DOWN"........WHICH WILL IT BE?

P.S. All SF members are welcome to join in this "ONE DAY" shootout!

LET THE GAMES BEGIN........

JoeGrossinger
165 posts
msg #28223
Ignore JoeGrossinger
9/1/2003 7:33:31 PM

I don't think you can get Avery to pick a stock one or two days ahead of time. He picks some really grand winners that closed yesterday or the day before though.

Look, it's not about stock picking anyway. Most of us all use the same filters that everybody raves about, so that proves nothing. I try to concentrate on the complete system of money management, risk handling and stock picking. It's the total package that is needed not just some nut job tossing a dart.

Avery ain't the guy anyway. It's Holy Grail that wrote that filter and sure, I have said it many times. It's grrrrrrrrrrrrreat. So is Wallman's and so is that new one written by deprez and using the Keltner band. Great work. Original and not just a HG or Wallman tweak. There are many others as well.
That is the kind of stuff I go in for. I like using different kinds of filters that pick stocks in a totally different manner so that I have more ammo when the market changes.
When I belonged to the Muddy group just about every member there was using a slightly different version of the Muddy filter in a slightly different manner. This is what Avery has problems with. He does not realize there are different strokes for different folks.
Not everyone can watch their monitors all day, not everyone has the same risk tolerance and so on.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #28224
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/1/2003 7:42:21 PM

Hey Tx...

Ok, I am game... however...

The only way to make it "fair" and "real" is to have each person post their confirmations at the end of the day. Let's see who's making money.

See Joe G. is a swing trader. I am a scalper. That means I don't necessarily buy at the open... in fact I am usually most active in PRE MARKET where the BIG BOYS play while most people are asleep.

Besides, just run the LR/RSI filter... and you will know what I am picking after looking at the 3 mon/daily and 1 year/weekly prophet.net charts.

But just to "put my money where my mouth is"...

Give MIKN, IGLD and XLA a run for their money.

GENR is the "wild card".

Fetcher[set{HO, high - open} set{CL, close - low} rsi(2) below 1 and close above 0.01 and Average Volume(90) above 50000 and volume above 50000
and add column HO and add column CL
]

One other thing... to make this a fair comparison without posting confirmations, assume I buy 5,000 shares and sell for the HO and CL profit/loss.

Which means 5,000 times HO plus 5,000 times CL is my daily profit/loss.

MAY THE TRADE BE WITH YOU.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #28225
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/1/2003 7:48:25 PM

Joe G:

Just when I thought you were ready to be civil... silly me!

See, HG and I work together... I AM THE ONE WHO WROTE THE FILTERS... HG came up with the original idea for RSI(2) and I openly give him the credit for teaching me that and more... But I am the programmer. I IMPLEMENTED THE FILTERS... We work as a team. Call HG and ask him. Ask him, who told him about StockFetcher in the first place.

The confusion came became HG and I shared an account because it is easier to talk on the phone and look at the same thing at the same time that way. But I have my own account.

Funny thing... I posted 3 stocks and a wild card and you didn't, Joe G.

Time for YOU to PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #28226
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/1/2003 7:59:29 PM

Joe G:

I realize that there are different strokes... only an IDIOT would think that I don't.

The whole point of the Muddy Method board it to FOCUS on that method.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/StockFetcher/

What you wanted to do, Joe G., was practice dancing at the Karate school. Come on, Joe G. (a.k.a. Mr. market red, go to bed) WAKE UP AND SMELL THE PROFITS!

Hey, all you other people reading this... go to the Muddy Method board and see for yourself what was posted and when. And the see how well the stocks perform.
Don't take my word and never take Joe G's.

There's money there for the taking...

MAY THE TRADE BE WITH YOU.

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #28233
Ignore EWZuber
9/1/2003 10:52:02 PM

Some of my screens don't seem to be running tonight but I'm still game. If this is going to be an informal test of filters and stock picking then I think we need to leave strategy out of it. Just compare open price to closing price. Thats my suggestion. Otherwise this won't work. Not to get uptight over this, lets just have a little fun and maybe learn something.
My picks,
ESPD
AMSC
MUSE

txtrapper
548 posts
msg #28234
Ignore txtrapper
9/1/2003 10:57:46 PM

Throwing Down....picks for Tuesday, 09/02/2003

MRBA..$3.55
ATSI..$3.94
STLW..$4.97 ..... Wild Card.. PACW

I really don't expect to win, especially when I'm testing my skills against the best "TheRumpledOne", after all I've learned more in three weeks from Muddy, TheRump and EWZuber than I can ever put into words here. And if I do get lucky and win Rump, "you win too", because all my picks here are from your Methodology.

Now I would like to share an interesting Filter....The methodology behind this filter is that I noticed if OBV started up a day after RSI(2) came off bottom the stock would shoot up, kind of like the EMA(13) EMA(26) crossover. And it sometimes shows them "two white candles" after a RSI(2) bottom. Check it out, I call it the "WILDCARD FILTER".

Fetcher[RSI(2)is below 40 and On Balance Volume has been increasing for 1 day and close is between 1 and 10 and volume (10) is above 100000]

txtrapper
548 posts
msg #28235
Ignore txtrapper
9/1/2003 10:57:57 PM

Throwing Down....picks for Tuesday, 09/02/2003

MRBA..$3.55
ATSI..$3.94
STLW..$4.97 ..... Wild Card.. PACW

I really don't expect to win, especially when I'm testing my skills against the best "TheRumpledOne", after all I've learned more in three weeks from Muddy, TheRump and EWZuber than I can ever put into words here. And if I do get lucky and win Rump, "you win too", because all my picks here are from your Methodology.

Now I would like to share an interesting Filter....The methodology behind this filter is that I noticed if OBV started up a day after RSI(2) came off bottom the stock would shoot up, kind of like the EMA(13) EMA(26) crossover. And it sometimes shows them "two white candles" after a RSI(2) bottom. Check it out, I call it the "WILDCARD FILTER".

Fetcher[RSI(2)is below 40 and On Balance Volume has been increasing for 1 day and close is between 1 and 10 and volume (10) is above 100000]

txtrapper
548 posts
msg #28236
Ignore txtrapper
9/1/2003 11:00:22 PM

Rule #1) Just compare open price to closing price for this shootout.

txtrapper

txtrapper
548 posts
msg #28237
Ignore txtrapper
9/1/2003 11:02:55 PM

Rule #1) Just compare open price to closing price for this shootout.

txtrapper

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · TheRUMP & JOE G. ONE DAY SHOOTOUT!<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.