StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Williams %r(2) and weekly charts - Question to WSG<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
cello13
88 posts
msg #65526
Ignore cello13
modified
7/28/2008 3:35:06 AM

Hi WSG

Could you have a look at RMBS' weekly chart an tell me, if this is one of the bullish divergences in Williams %r(2) you were talking of? This could be a good opportunity while weekly RSI(2) is around 1.16...

Has somebody a filter for finding those bullish divergences in Williams while RSI(2) is still turning down?

Thanks

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #65528
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
7/28/2008 10:07:35 AM

Cello, RMBS again?...you're killing me man! LOL...Yes, the weekly looks prime for a reversal, but the weekly RSI is hugging the "0" line. Just wait for it to move up, and you'll have a nice entry. It shouldn't take too much longer with that nice breakout volume on 7/25/08, and it was well above their normal average volume. The only thing I don't like is the weekly's on the PSI & SMH. There's a lot better of variety out there Cello...I would move on if I were you.

Here, stick this into your charts. It will give you RSI(2) vs BILLY(2). Just look for the (- +) difference in values.

((( RIGGS RSI VS WILLIAMS MRI SCAN )))

Fetcher[set{RSb,days(RSI(2) is above RSI(2) 1 day ago,100)}
set{RSa,days(RSI(2) is below RSI(2) 1 day ago,100)}
set{RSxRS, RSa - RSb}
set{WLb,days(Williams %R(2) is above Williams %R(2)
1 day ago,100)}
set{WLa,days(Williams %R(2) is below Williams %R(2)
1 day ago,100)}
set{WLxWL, WLa - WLb}

NORMALIZE accumulation distribution */

set{adval, INDPOSITION(accumulation distribution, 60) * 100 }

NORMALIZE RSI(2) */

set{RSval, INDPOSITION(RSI(2), 60) * 100}

NORMALIZE williams %r(2) */

set{wrval, INDPOSITION(williams %r(2), 60) * 100 }

DRAW THE MR CCIWLR CHART

and draw adval on plot wrval
and draw rsval on plot wrval

Volume is above 50000
Sort column 2 descending

ADD COLUMN SEPARATOR
add column RSxRS
add column WLxWL
ADD COLUMN SEPARATOR
]

- WALLSTREETGENIUS -

cello13
88 posts
msg #65531
Ignore cello13
modified
7/28/2008 11:09:54 AM

Hi Riggs

I see, you still remember me;-) I began to read a few of your newer posts (those you haven't deleted yet...:-) and I was wondering about Williams %R(2). Then I had a look at it.

E.G.: Before UBS and CS Group turned up in mid of July they developed a funny signal. Over weeks, they built bullish divergences in RSI(2) and Willi(2) (daily chart). Then, mid July, RSI(2) went close to zero and Willi(2) started to move upwards while price still went down. They moved nice from CHF 40 to 53 (CSGN) and CHF 17.50 to 23.50 (UBSN). Now I'm thinking about how to identify such stocks but can't code it. The funny thing is, if you look at the chart listed in USA you can't see that signal... Crazy!

I'll leave RMBS as you recommanded. But I'm looking for some literature how to work with Willi(2) correctly. I couldn't find such a book... Any hints are welcome, either for literature or for a filter... THX

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #65532
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
7/28/2008 11:12:12 AM

Remember, you're looking for Billy(2) increasing, while
RSI(2) is decreasing for entries, but don't use this
exclusively as a stand alone.

===========================================

((( RIGGS RSI VS WILLIAMS DIVERGENCE SCAN )))

Fetcher[Williams %R(2) is above Williams %R(2) 1-day ago
RSI(2) is below RSI(2) 1-day ago
Volume is above 50000
Sort column 2 descending

ADD COLUMN SEPARATOR
add column RSxRS
add column WLxWL
ADD COLUMN SEPARATOR

set{RSb,days(RSI(2) is above RSI(2) 1 day ago,100)}
set{RSxRS, RSa - RSb}
1 day ago,100)}
1 day ago,100)}
set{WLxWL, WLa - WLb}
]

- WALLSTREETGENIUS -

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #65533
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
7/28/2008 11:18:53 AM

Cello -

You're not going to find anything on the internet OR any bookshelf on Amazon.com because this is solely a creation of WALLSTREETGENIUS. I started researching Billy(2) about 14-months year ago, and have been trading with it for just about a year now. It wont take long before it catches on, and finally exposes how obsolete the daily RSI(2) really is.

RIGGS

cello13
88 posts
msg #65534
Ignore cello13
7/28/2008 11:35:34 AM

I'm sure, Willi(2) or RSI(2) aren't the only indicators to use. I thought about adding volatility with ADR, trending of stocks (above ma(200) or so...). But this won't help me to time the entry or selling point. I need another indicator but don't know which. I tried Stochastics with 4,3,2 which show nice swings, but that didn't help me yet. MACD also seems not being the right one... What would you reccomand?

I knew that I won't find any book about Willi(2), but there should have been one about Willi(14) as like as for RSI(14)... Not?!

Thx

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #65538
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
7/28/2008 12:26:08 PM

Cello -

Didn't you look at my filter above? As you can see, I use COG, (center of gravity) Williams(2), weekly RSI(2), Force Index(2), Williams(20), MACD(4,8,9). This is an arsenal that cant be denied!

As for RSI(14) or Williams(14)...well, I have a problem with those period types. I'm someone that knows and needs to get in and out of a stock at the absolute beginning and end of a run. Those two wont help you do that in this kind of market. Their fine for that last bull market we had in '07, but for the most part, you can only use those periods for divergence only IMHO. Now, if you're in it for the long haul, then try using a 7-day period on Will & RSI. They will get you in & out with much more clarity as opposed to the 14-day. Dr. Alexander Elder swears by it, therefore so do I. I still have scans and filters based on the 7-day, while waiting for the next Bull.

- RIGGS -

cello13
88 posts
msg #65542
Ignore cello13
7/28/2008 1:36:18 PM

Riggs

Thanks for your advice. So I have to learn to handle these indicators or could you tell me what is the most important to look for while using them? Sorry for my questions but I try to understand a little bit of your trading style and I'm sure there are people out there who are interested in what you're writing too. Thx.

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #65544
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
7/28/2008 3:30:49 PM

So I have to learn to handle these indicators or could you tell me what is the most important to look for while using them?

======================================

Cello -

You can find out how to use these indicators & oscillators in many books, and they're all over the internet. But if you've paid attention to any of my recent posts, you would already know how "I" use these technicals. Knowledge is power man, and when it comes to technicals, the best knowledge is the kind you accumulate on your own IMO.

Peace,

- RIGGS -

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #65556
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
7/28/2008 7:40:26 PM

Here, stick this into your charts. It will give you RSI(2) vs BILLY(2). Just look for the (- +) difference in values.

((( RIGGS RSI VS WILLIAMS MRI SCAN )))

Fetcher[set{RSb,days(RSI(2) is above RSI(2) 1 day ago,100)}
set{RSxRS, RSa - RSb}
1 day ago,100)}
1 day ago,100)}
set{WLxWL, WLa - WLb}

NORMALIZE accumulation distribution */

set{adval, INDPOSITION(accumulation distribution, 60) * 100 }

NORMALIZE RSI(2) */

set{RSval, INDPOSITION(RSI(2), 60) * 100}

NORMALIZE williams %r(2) */

set{wrval, INDPOSITION(williams %r(2), 60) * 100 }

DRAW THE MR CCIWLR CHART

and draw adval on plot wrval
and draw rsval on plot wrval

Volume is above 50000
Sort column 2 descending

ADD COLUMN SEPARATOR
add column RSxRS
add column WLxWL
ADD COLUMN SEPARATOR
]

- WALLSTREETGENIUS -

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Williams %r(2) and weekly charts - Question to WSG<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.