StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Winning Strategy<< 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 >>Post Follow-up
Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #128093
Ignore Mactheriverrat
4/21/2016 2:54:45 PM

@ferndave
Then why are you here?

ferndave
65 posts
msg #128094
Ignore ferndave
4/21/2016 3:11:37 PM

Obviously chasing foolish dreams. You?

Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #128097
Ignore Mactheriverrat
modified
4/21/2016 4:34:05 PM

Price action on either side of the EMA(5)

chuff26
4 posts
msg #128124
Ignore chuff26
4/23/2016 2:15:36 AM

Anyone here using this? I've been doing the 3/7 filter for a few weeks now with a tiny amount of $. It's worked well for the most part of course it hasn't been terribly hard to make money the last couple months I suppose. I feel like if the price gaps down it might be better to wait until at least 10:30 the next morning or even another day or 2. I like to see it gap up even the tiniest amount at open or be even.

I don't have the testicular fortitude to hold on long enough yet, the next day if it's up a percent and a half or so at any point I usually sell. I've missed out on some big gains but also saved myself from some losses without having to go long, I think the reward might out weigh the risk if you can hang on for a few days. I've been staying away from companies with bankruptcy rumors or reversal splits going on at the time. There's days where I don't trade, there's no results I feel good about or there's no filter results period. It's worked well so far, not trading isn't a bad strategy either...

ferndave
65 posts
msg #128136
Ignore ferndave
4/24/2016 1:29:21 PM

I've started to play around with it. Same with you, only small amounts and settings stops, even though that's not recommended. Not every pick is a winner and I'd rather get stopped out at 4-5% than 20%. If it's still showing in the filter, maybe buy back at the lower low.

Same with gains. Sometimes these picks show strong gains over a week or two. Setting a limit at 2% would have severely limited the upside. If it goes up, I'll set a stop a few percent lower. Then adjust if it keeps going up. That lets it fluctuate some and locks in any gains if it nose dives. I made a slightly less risky version of the filter by increasing the volume and close amounts.

chuff26
4 posts
msg #128143
Ignore chuff26
4/24/2016 8:05:05 PM

Nice management there... I've decided to not trade any stock that has anything to do with oil or energy period unless for some reason you know oil is going up very soon. This includes renewables, mlp's, tankers etc.

You miss some good trades the last several weeks in oil but from looking back a guy can eliminate a good chunk of losers. If there's a choice that day I like bios first, tech second, restaurant/hospitality most everything else next. Manufacturing, steel, mining etc would be my last choice.

Good luck all.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Winning Strategy<< 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.