StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · best % gainer is by far in back testing<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
holygrail
72 posts
msg #26999
Ignore holygrail
6/22/2003 6:51:23 PM

use the following setup rsi(2) below 0.10% volume above 50000 and stock price below 1.0 and histirical voliilty above 100 you make 1-5 baggers off this move

holygrail
72 posts
msg #27005
Ignore holygrail
6/22/2003 7:30:25 PM

you can exchange the stock price to 5 or 10$ to 5 dollars the win percent is off the charts abd the % gains like nothin you have every seen this is the absolute bottom of the 2 rsi for going long

ranbaker
7 posts
msg #27050
Ignore ranbaker
6/25/2003 12:00:10 AM

Backtesting if fine for entertainment purposes. If one tinkers long enough they can get extremely high % results. Since I am not a historian I try to keep my scans to that which provides a list of charts that may be ready to play. Backtesting and then using that criteria for future results generally falls far from what the back test came up with.

Fact is that if their was one "holy Grail" it would soon cease to continue working. For example, lets say we all new the bottom of a stock was 25 bucks, and it tops at 26 bucks. Well pretty soon folks would be selling a little bit earlier to get out before someone else, and continue more and now it tops at 27.50, etc., until it fails completly.

I have found that their are many ways to play and win at this game. But S/R is still king. Find your support and resistance areas and use'em. A visual on the chart is often the best way.

Want to go long? Wait for resistance to be broken, enter your position, place your stop behind support, and see what happens. You'll win some and lose some.

Want to short? Wait for support to be broken, enter position, and place stop behind resistance, and see what happens. You'll win some and you'll lose some.

You can centainly play off support and short off resistance as well. And naturally your stops are pretty easy to find.

Let your risk managment preserve your capital and you'll still be able to have more losing trades then winning and come out many $'s ahead.

It's more important to learn How To Trade then What To Trade!

Personally, I can be wrong 66% of the time and still break even.

Anyway, SF is a great site. I enjoy tnkering too ;)

ranbaker@attbi.com

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #27064
Ignore EWZuber
6/25/2003 4:40:04 PM

ranbaker, I agree but I would add stochastics into that mix and also one exception. When the major indexes are in a distribution phase of the stochastic cycle I will not buy a stock on a break out. They just fail too often. I will wait for the stock to fall to support somewhere.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #27731
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/9/2003 7:05:49 PM

Nice post Ranbaker...

Simple, too the point. Very wise.

Newbies take notes!

MAY THE TRADES BE WITH YOU!

muddytraks
40 posts
msg #27767
Ignore muddytraks
8/11/2003 10:34:29 PM

holygrail,rumpled1. I am muddy! This is it "muddys money maker" handle with care. show stocks where the Fast Stochastic Fast %K(14) is below 20
and volume is above 300000

Happy trading
muddytraks

Ps This is copyrighted.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #27769
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/11/2003 10:51:50 PM

Ok Muddytraks, I saw your filter.

BEST OF LUCK WITH YOUR FILTERS AND TRADES.

P.S. Tell Joe Gross... hi for me!

muddytraks
40 posts
msg #27770
Ignore muddytraks
8/11/2003 11:20:20 PM

Joe better not put my filter on his sight unless he flys me out to his trailer and buys me dinner first. Joe I love the paneling in the picture. Awsome filter isnt it. BIG$$$$$BABY!

risjr
229 posts
msg #27777
Ignore risjr
8/12/2003 10:48:29 AM

Hey Muddy

With over 100 plus hits daily, how do you sort thru all of the stocks? Any price, volume, technical data limits involved?? Or do you look at over 100 charts a day??

Ron

risjr
229 posts
msg #27778
Ignore risjr
8/12/2003 11:39:00 AM

Hey Muddy

With over 100 plus hits daily, how do you sort thru all of the stocks? Any price, volume, technical data limits involved?? Or do you look at over 100 charts a day??

Ron

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · best % gainer is by far in back testing<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.