StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · cci14 | ema100 | ema200<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
four
5,087 posts
msg #116426
Ignore four
11/2/2013 10:11:08 PM

Fetcher[
draw cci(14) line at -100
draw cci(14) below -100
and index is russell midcap

draw ema(100) above ema(200)
close > open
high below ema(200)
add column annual dividend yield
low > 11
avgvol(11) > 231231
]

marine2
963 posts
msg #116622
Ignore marine2
11/9/2013 1:53:55 PM

FOR SHORT TERM or LONGER TERM TRADES. Always be attentive to the weekly macd(12,26,9) Fast and Slow lines slope. If you buy off this particular filters stock picks be careful not to pick too soon as it crests and heads downward according to its weekly macd(12,26,9) reading.

You can use this filter's selections only when its weekly macd(12,26,9) upward slope is not peaking (nearing its exhaustion level) or if its been sloping downward long enough to give you some safety that it could be nearing its downward exhaustion level. Always remember you want to catch the weekly macd(12,26,9) as its accelerating upwards or when its nearing exhaustion on its downslope or as it is climbing out of its downward slope and beginning its upward ascent.

As the weekly macd(12,26,9) climbs play the upward acceleration by buying any dips per your weekly slow stochastic(5,5) tool. Meaning when the weekly slow stochastic(5,5) %K is below a level of your choice (like say under 25) and the weekly slow stochastic(5,5) %K is crossing above slow stochastic(5,5) %D you then buy more shares. For longer term plays, you play this stock until its weekly macd(12,26,9) crosses above 80 or whatever high mark number you like then sell it. Or, if you are a shorter term trader you sell when the weekly slow stochastic(5,5) %K crosses above the 80 or whatever your high mark number you like partial shares until the longer weekly macd(12,26,9)Fast line begins to decline (exhaust itself).

The last paragraph above concerning being alert for the selected stock (picked by your filter) on when the weekly macd(12,26,9)Fast Line and Slow Line is beginning to truly exhaust itself and begin its trek downward is by visual observance. Your filter you wrote here is nice but be aware of the stocks exhaustion level (when to sell) via its shorter term weekly slow stochastic(5,5) %K and %D and the longer term weekly macd(12,26,9)Fast and Slow Lines. To embed one or both of those measurements into your said filter is ok on its BUY basis but when SELLING you will need to use visual obervance when selling. Unless of course you make a special "sell" filter that you would symlist these specific buys that your filter selected then watch that for selling purposes.

Sorry to be so long with my explanation but I just wanted you to be aware. Thank you for taking the time to read it all.

four
5,087 posts
msg #116628
Ignore four
modified
11/9/2013 2:46:22 PM

marine2,

1st: Thanks for the detail and critique.
2nd: Wondering if you could comment on the three questions below and new filter.
3rd; I usually enter a stoplimit at trigger date high + .01 to reduce the risk of entering a stock that has not bottomed out. Your thoughts?

You'll notice over the last years I have not used"weekly"in a filter more than 1x or 2x.

--

4th: I wonder how is a weekly average calculated versus a daily average...ie weekly ma(40) Versus ma(200) ?
5th: Follow-up to the calculation of a weekly average ... I wonder how is a weekly rsi(2) calculated ?

Perhaps one of my first filters with a weekly criteria:

Note: Oct 14, 2013 -- EEV divergence.

Fetcher[
draw slow stochastic(5,1) %d crossed below 5

draw weekly ma(40) above ma(200)
optionable
low 1 day ago > 11
avgvol(30) > 300000
close below ma(200)
]

four
5,087 posts
msg #116630
Ignore four
modified
11/9/2013 3:15:44 PM

Better than above:

Fetcher[

draw slow stochastic(25,25) %k crossed above slow stochastic(25,25) %d
slow stochastic(25,25) %d below 20
draw weekly ma(40) above ma(200)
low 1 day ago > 11
avgvol(30) > 200000
]

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #144973
Ignore Cheese
10/16/2018 1:25:21 PM

pop to the top

The 11/9/2013 post by marine2 above has good suggestions. Thank you.

snappyfrog
651 posts
msg #144980
Ignore snappyfrog
10/16/2018 7:03:27 PM

I've adjusted the filter to use for my specific optionable stocks and / or ETF's. I hold up to 5 days, but usually sell after 1-3 days.

Fetcher[/*Stock options only*/
apply to symlist(AABA,AAL,AAPL,ABBV,ABEV,ABT,ABX,ADBE,AGN,AKS,AMAT,AMD,AMZN,APA,APRN,ARQL,ATVI,AUY,AXP,BA,BABA,BAC,BB,BBBY,BBD,BC,BIDU,BOTZ,BSX,BUD,BWP,BX,C,CAG,CARA,CAT,CELG,CHK,CL,CLF,CMCSA,CNO,COP,COST,CPB,CRBP,CRM,CRSP,CSCO,CVS,CVX,CY,CZR,DAL,DB,DBX,DE,DHI,DIS,DNR,DPS,DR,DVN,DWDP,EA,EBAY,ECA,EDIT,ENB,ESV,ETE,EVHC,F,FB,FCX,FDC,FDX,FIT,FOXA,FSLR,GE,GERN,GGB,GILD,GLUU,GM,GPRO,GRPN,GS,GT,HAL,HBAN,HD,HES,HPE,HPQ,I,IBM,IBN,INTC,IPI,IQ,INSY,ITUB,JCP,JD,JNJ,JPM,KBH,KEY,KGC,KHC,KKR,KMI,KO,KR,LMT,LRCX,LULU,LUV,LVS,M,MA,MCD,MCHP,MGM,MJ,MNK,MO,MOMO,MPC,MRK,MRO,MRVL,MS,MSFT,MU,NBR,NFLX,NFX,NKE,NLY,NOK,NTES,NVAX,NVDA,NXPI,O,ON,ORCL,OSTK,OXY,P,PAPL,PBR,PCG,PEP,PFE,PG,PLUG,PM,PYPL,QCOM,RAD,RDNT,RF,RIG,ROKU,S,SBUX,SENS,SHOP,SIRI,SLB,SLV,SNAP,SNE,SPOT,SQ,STO,STZ,SWN,SYMC,T,TEVA,TGT,TMUS,TOT,TRN,TROX,TRXC,TSLA,TSM,TWTR,TXN,UA,UAA,UPS,USB,V,VAC,VALE,VER,VIPS,VOO,VRTX,VRX,VSLR,VTI,VWO,VZ,WB,WBA,WDC,WFC,WFT,WGO,WNBM,WMT,WYNN,X,XOM,ZNGA)

/*ETFs options only*/
/*apply to symlist(SPY,QQQ,EEM,IWM,VXX,KRE,XLF,XOP,GLD,EWZ,FXI,EFA,GDX,HYG,UVXY,USO,DIA,XLE,XLK,XLI,FEZ,SLV,TLT,XLU,NUGT,SMH,XLV,TQQQ,XBI,JNUG,KBE,EMB,GDXJ,SQQQ,TNA,XLB,IYR,XRT,IBB,TZA,FAS,DXJ,TBT,DUST,TUR,SDS,SPXS,SPXL,KWEB,XHB,UNG,OIH,UPRO,XLY,EWW,QID,IWO,EWJ,VNQ,XME,SDOW,SVXY,SSO,AMJ,EWC,MJ,SPXU,IEF,UCO,VGK,ERX,FAZ,XLC,FXE,YINN,LABU,DBA,JNK,ASHR,EWH,BJO,QLD,RSX,VWO,ITB,SGOL,CORN,SHY,EWY,BRZU,JDST,EWG,ERUS,DRIP,SCO,LQD,TECS,MCHI,SOXL)*/

draw cci(14) line at -100
and cci(14) below -100
and ema(100) above ema(200)
and close > open
and high below ema(200)
and low > 1
and avgvol(11) > 1000000
and draw MACD Histogram(12,26,9)
]

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #144982
Ignore Cheese
10/16/2018 10:02:24 PM

@ snappyfrog

Thanks for sharing.
Would you describe your style as look for deep value, buy the dip, even bottom fishing?

snappyfrog
651 posts
msg #144983
Ignore snappyfrog
10/16/2018 11:58:41 PM

Cheese, I swing trade only not investing. My style is more buying the dip than anything else. I like to be in and out is less than 5 days.

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #144984
Ignore Cheese
10/17/2018 9:12:50 AM

Thank you, snappyfrog.
Some family and friends have told me that swing trading is usually a better choice for many people.

snappyfrog
651 posts
msg #144985
Ignore snappyfrog
10/17/2018 9:36:16 AM

Cheese, I love swing trading 1 - 3 days. Keep the money and profits churning. As a natural progression, after learning to swing trade stocks then the real money is made in swing trading stock options. I treat them the same way as stocks, in and out in less than a week. I don't care about "breakeven" on options, just delta, theta, volatility and the direction.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · cci14 | ema100 | ema200<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.