add column annual dividend yield
offset 1
]

Rock Sexton
111 posts
msg #117011
Ignore Rock Sexton
11/24/2013 3:28:31 PM

No offense, but what the hell are all your filters supposed to be for?

four
5,087 posts
msg #117012
Ignore four
modified
11/24/2013 4:16:24 PM

No offense taken.

As stated before (throughout the years)... I use this site as an archive for brainstorming AND also hope one or many may use the filter as it is or customize it or add to a current filter being used.

I am hoping for synergy.

- -

Archive is an accumulation of historical records.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archive

Brainstorming is a group or individual creativity technique by which efforts are made to find a conclusion for a specific problem by gathering a list of ideas spontaneously contributed by its member(s). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brainstorming

Synergy is the interaction of multiple elements in a system to produce an effect different from or greater than the sum of their individual effects. The term synergy comes from the Greek word synergia συνέργια from synergos, συνεργός, meaning "working together".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synergy

Rock Sexton
111 posts
msg #117039
Ignore Rock Sexton
modified
11/25/2013 8:11:56 PM

Why do you have to archive them on this forum? You know you can save them to your "My Filters" right?

All of these indicators mixed together literally mean nothing without "context".

Context: The circumstances that form the setting for an event, statement, or idea, and in terms of which it can be fully understood and assessed.

You'd be helping your situation out more by explaining why you're pairing them and why you chose the settings you did. There's nothing to "brainstorm" without that kind of information. It just becomes spam that nobody has any use for.

four
5,087 posts
msg #117042
Ignore four
modified
11/25/2013 11:34:04 PM

Thank you for sharing your opinion.

I believe my post should be modified...

The majority of my use of StockFetcher is to archive my brainstorming.
However, the gist of my posts (99%) are filters to "catch a turn"--a moment of weakness in a trend and a hope for continuation of the primary trend. Most are long (bull) plays and a few are short (bear).

I am simply looking for the above pattern, regardless of the indicator(s).

I am using the functionality that is facilitated by the purchase of my access to StockFetcher.

HTH

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #117043
Ignore alf44
modified
11/26/2013 12:41:32 AM

... All of these indicators mixed together literally mean nothing without "context". ..

-----

I think at some point ... It DOES ... unfortunately ... start to resemble ... "SPAM" !!!

Whether, intended ... or, not !!!

-----

I eagerly await upcoming daily threads about what "four" is having for Lunch ... of course, with NO explanation WHY ... and NO recipe !!!

ONLY that ... this is HIS ... ah hem ... Daily LUNCH "archive" !!!

LOL

Mactheriverrat
3,132 posts
msg #117044
Ignore Mactheriverrat
11/26/2013 1:11:34 AM

I enjoys FOUR's posts

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #117045
Ignore alf44
modified
11/26/2013 1:17:19 AM

... then ... YOU are easily amused !

With All Due Respect !!!

duke56468
683 posts
msg #117051
Ignore duke56468
11/26/2013 10:33:51 AM

Here is how I use four's filters. First click on the filter to run it - hit tools- and then- performance -this will tell you how it did on one day in the past and compare it to the index-then walk through a few days ,weeks ,months. This will quickly give you an idea if it is worth saving to your filters and tinkering with to backtest. I for one appreciate four's efforts.

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #117063
Ignore alf44
11/26/2013 12:48:30 PM

FWIW, I appreciate his efforts too ... and have told him so.

But, how long could it take to include a sentence that would put the "filter" into some sort of context ?

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · rvi | cci | rsi<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.