StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · rvi | cci | rsi<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #117064
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
11/26/2013 12:55:48 PM

My feedback has always been that these are filters but not systems - no exit criterion, no backtesting to determine viability, no OOS testing, etc.

See them as the start of a conversation, but one where the direction or value of that conversation is unknown.

marine2
963 posts
msg #117078
Ignore marine2
11/27/2013 12:32:19 AM

Using this site as a storage facility / yearning for help with created filters seems ok as long as SF has the capacity to store and the Forum members to tolerate the continuous filter presentations. For me, if the presented filter looks interesting I will take a gander at it, test it, and if it merits my comments I will say something. If not worth my time I leave it be. That's the beauty of this Forum we have choices. Happy Investing everyone and you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #117091
Ignore alf44
modified
11/27/2013 12:53:55 PM

Observation :

When you look at the Front Page of the Forums "Filter Exchange" (as well as the "General Discussion" section) ...

...you see that "four's" threads occupy almost 50% of ALL of the threads shown on each.

You ALSO notice that in the vast majority of those threads ... there are ZERO comments !!!

---

Clearly NOT ALOT of "brainstorming" ... "synergy" ... or, "feedback" going on there !!!

Just sayin' ...

Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #117094
Ignore Mactheriverrat
modified
11/27/2013 1:30:27 PM

I'm going to have to side with marine2 in saying I look at it and if there is something I want to incorporate or save for future reference.

In my learning process I have learned to keep it simple as one can over analyze.

Look for the setup one like's to trade, add a few indicators to help in nailing down the trade.
------------------------------------------------------------
Show stocks where Price is above EMA(200)
Draw EMA(100)
Draw EMA(50)
Draw EMA(21)
Volume is above 500000
------------------------------------------------------------
One could trade the above filter on a or any stock that crossed above the EMA(200)
or
every time a stock pulls back to a certain EMA line that shows signs of another uptrend
or just trade a new breakout
or what ever one likes to trade.
and in some case's some just like to bottom feed

four
5,087 posts
msg #117357
Ignore four
12/14/2013 11:20:09 AM

Fetcher[
draw rvi(5,5) above 90
draw rvi(50,50) below 55
volume 1 day ago > 123123
low > 11
/*draw cci(5) below -95
*/
draw ma(50)
/*draw rsi(5) below 31
*/
add column annual dividend yield
offset 1
]

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · rvi | cci | rsi<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.