StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Bear market ???<< 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 >>Post Follow-up
mystiq
650 posts
msg #68253
Ignore mystiq
10/10/2008 4:33:52 AM

FuriousThug
- Ignore FuriousThug 10/10/2008 1:04:21 AM

Looking for a rally next Weds.
Weds. before options expire always seems to be a nutty one...have to be a lot of open long positions out there, itching to recoup some of their loss (ahem....not me, of course...someone else I know).
========================================================================
-----> i agree with that week, (last day expiration) for some JUMP...

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #68272
Ignore maxreturn
modified
10/10/2008 11:15:44 AM

WHOA big fella. Wasn't necessarily pointing a finger at you. I was posting this chart primarily for the benefit of those who neglect the importance of regularly consulting the long term charts. If you're not doing this you are missing out on a lot of clarity and will eventually get your arse handed to you. Believe me I speak from experience. BTW...how are those longs going? I can't believe all the people on this forum who are so anxious to get long. If you're going to try to pick a bottom at least wait for a double bottom or 123 low to form on at least 1-2 of the major indexes.

Quote from ALF:

10/8/2008 10:53:08 PM
max...I'm not calling a "bottom" !!!

I'm not so stupid as to ignore the "long term chart(s)" !!!

I have been very vocal here at SF on other threads about my "Bear Market" views !!!

Just saying...that...right here...right now...there is more risk in being SHORT...than there is in being LONG !!! imo

So...as I said...there will likely be a "hair on fire" rally...in the very near future !!!

I have positioned myself LONG ... based on that assumption !!!

So far...I'm a day or two early...but...nevertheless...I AM LONG HERE !!!

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #68274
Ignore johnpaulca
10/10/2008 11:41:43 AM

For the records, I am long....TWM

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #68287
Ignore alf44
10/10/2008 4:35:14 PM

max...thank you for re-posting my post...as it spells out quite clearly my current Market thoughts !

It also spells out quite clearly that I have put my money...where my BIG MOUTH is !

Additionally, it spells out quite explicitly (in the first line, in fact)...that I ain't "calling a bottom" !

Now...was I a bit early ?

Obviously !

Do I still think that ... "right here...right now...there is more risk in being SHORT...than there is in being LONG ?"

Definitely !

Oh...and you asked ... "BTW...how are those longs going?"

Well, so far...I'm likin' em just fine ... and thank you for asking !!!

Regards,

alf44

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #68288
Ignore maxreturn
10/10/2008 4:57:57 PM

Good luck with that Alf. While you guys are going through the stress of picking bottoms I'll just patiently wait for my pullbacks within the context of a trend to pounce. Fits my personality. To each his own.

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #68289
Ignore alf44
10/10/2008 5:09:47 PM

...let me repeat myself...for yet a third or fourth time...

...I ain't callin' a BOTTOM !!!

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #68295
Ignore luc1grunt
modified
10/10/2008 10:38:50 PM

So Alf, are you callin' a bottom....................

;)

FuriousThug
256 posts
msg #68296
Ignore FuriousThug
10/10/2008 10:41:53 PM

Just don't smell his fingers...

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #68298
Ignore alf44
modified
10/10/2008 11:32:34 PM

..."A Bottom" ??? ... or..."THE Bottom" ???

----------------------------------------------------

Not to play word games...but...there IS a big difference !!!

-----------------------------------------------------

"The Bottom" ...won't be apparent until we're miles down the road...lookin' back ... so...who the fluck knows...really ?

(okay, with the exception of "Mary" who's shouted THE Bottom with the regularity of "Chicken Little") ?!?

------------------------------------------------------

I certainly don't know if this is the "THE" Bottom...and have NEVER claimed it was ! fwiw

If it turns out to be...so much the better for me !!!

All I have done is make a trading decision to step in here...AND GET LONG !!!

The decision is based on my belief (as I've stated several times) that...

..."right here...right now...there is more risk in being SHORT...than there is in being LONG !"

-------------------------------------------------------------

For those who feel the need to label this a "Bottom Call"...and somehow attach a Scarlet "B" to alf44... so they can feel superior...and somehow "stone" me with..."I told you so's"...should it NOT play out to my advantage...BRING IT !

Traders Trade !!! Yappers Yap !!! (you know who you are)

I have made a "trading call"...and I have put my money...where my BIG MOUTH is !!!

I didn't have to post the trades...or, my Market thoughts.

I didn't create a NEW THREAD WITH BIG CAPITAL LETTERS LIKE OTHER FOOLS HERE !!!

Am I right ?

Only time will tell !

Right NOW...I'm feeling pretty damn good about it !!!

Regards,

alf44

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #68299
Ignore alf44
10/10/2008 11:39:55 PM

OH ! And another thing...

--------------------------------------------------------------

"HAIR ON FIRE" rally call...STILL IN PLAY, BABY !!!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,

"King Salami"

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Bear market ???<< 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.