StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Bollinger Break up with confirmation<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
DrJimO
35 posts
msg #124257
Ignore DrJimO
7/6/2015 2:21:05 PM

Hi - I'm new here so bear with me. Trying to make a filter that I can use INTRADAY that spots a break below the lower (2 deviation) BB followed by two up candles in the following two hours. I saw several messages that intraday scans are possible, but when I look at the results of this scan on other charting software with BB's plotted at 1 and 2 deviations, none of the hits I get are showing a break below lower band on an INTRADAY chart, but each hit is appropriate for a DAILY chart.

Guess I'm doing something wrong, but can anyone tell me what? Is there some special command that shifts Fetcher to using INTRADAY data?

show stocks where close 2 hrs ago is below open 2 hrs ago
and close 2 hrs ago is below lower bollinger(20,2)
and close 1 hrs ago is above open 1 hrs ago and near median bollinger(20,2)
and close is above open
and close is above open
and close is near median bollinger(20,2)
and chart-time is 10 days

four
5,087 posts
msg #124258
Ignore four
modified
7/6/2015 2:27:44 PM

Quotes delayed during active market hours.

Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex.

Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

---

You can run a filter during the day but not use criteria for intraday (hours, minutes).

DrJimO
35 posts
msg #124259
Ignore DrJimO
7/6/2015 3:56:14 PM

four - don't understand what you're saying. If I run a filter during the day, and hours/minutes do not work, then what is it running on? Yesterday's data? I'm looking for INTRADAY results. If i can't get them somehow, then StockFetcher loses a lot of value for me.

four
5,087 posts
msg #124261
Ignore four
7/6/2015 7:12:49 PM

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #124267
Ignore Eman93
7/6/2015 11:36:13 PM

It is just on a 15 min delay. You can use daily or weekly.

DrJimO
35 posts
msg #124278
Ignore DrJimO
7/7/2015 11:59:05 AM

Understood. That is exactly the results I'm seeing. However, If the INTRADAY data is being used with a 15 minute or so delay, and I run a filter like this an hour before the market closes, the hits I get should be from data in early afternoon, not the previous day or previous 2 days.

I understand that the charts are showing 2 days ago results, -- I can live with that. However, when I look at each of the hits the filter returns on a separate charting system, none of them result in the hourly conditions specified. Thus, the filter seems to be ignoring the "hours ago" statement completely.

Bottom line -- If the data being used is truly intraday, and I run the filter at about 3:00 pm, the 2 hour look back is well within the 15 minute data delay, AND, I should be able to look at each hit on an independent one-day chart and see the BB breaks at approximately 1:00 pm, assuming the stock traded then.

What the help file says and how the system works do not seem to correlate.

four
5,087 posts
msg #124279
Ignore four
modified
7/7/2015 12:03:45 PM

"Thus, the filter seems to be ignoring the "hours ago" statement completely. "

-- I notice the same.

I wonder if you contact StockFetcher and post their response.

http://www.stockfetcher.com/help/Who-do-I-contact-if-I-have-a-question/100241

stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #124280
7/7/2015 12:11:14 PM

Hi,

The following topic should help clear things up:

http://www.stockfetcher.com/help/StockFetcher-Intraday-Updates/100325

With respect to your filter, the words "hourly" and "hrs" are ignored.

StockFetcher.com Support

DrJimO
35 posts
msg #124282
Ignore DrJimO
7/7/2015 1:55:13 PM

Well according to that document ... "Now you can take advantage of powerful StockFetcher screens while the market is open and not wait for the market close and end-of-day updates. All of your filter results, while the market is open, will be based on the current market conditions."

The last sentence says it all. If my filter results are based on the current market conditions, there should be some syntax that will generate a time frame within that span. The filter is simply giving me hits on the summary of the current days data, which is essentially the same as the closing data except that it is truncated.

All of the hits I got on this are based a summary of today's data and days ago data, and are ignoring the "hours ago" syntax for the current data.

I appreciate that the charts are "daily". However, according to your statement, the filter results are based on current data. They should then respond to hours ago, hrs ago, or some hourly syntax, else all the filter is doing is a summary of 1/2 days data - which is essentially - useless for this situation.

stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #124283
7/7/2015 2:02:56 PM

Hi,

The day's "close" is updated with delayed intraday updates. For example the "closing" values at the time of writing this (2pm EST) is based on the latest intraday update - approximately 1:40pm EST.

Regards,
StockFetcher.com Support

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Bollinger Break up with confirmation<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.