StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Broker Comparisons<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up
dforant1
76 posts
msg #66198
Ignore dforant1
8/14/2008 6:34:37 PM

I'm using Ameritrade and round trips are $20. Any cheaper ones out there with good service?

bbrodka
14 posts
msg #66203
Ignore bbrodka
8/14/2008 9:09:53 PM

www.izone.com = TDAmeritrade without phone support, 1/2 the cost ($5 per trade flat rate)
Same people, web site, etc, just no phone support, you get email support only

Guess they don't advertise it, so they can milk people for all they can :)

also bear bones, no charting, no frils, horible interface - but cheap
www.mbtrading.com
I only use them for my automated trader using < 500 share lots
www.cool-trade.com

PS www.cool-trade.com is also now free for TDameritrade and Izone customers check it out

dforant1
76 posts
msg #66205
Ignore dforant1
8/14/2008 9:58:11 PM

bbrodka, thanks for the broker tip. Great savings. I'm with Ameritrade, maybe the switch will be simple.

woodshedder
11 posts
msg #66209
Ignore woodshedder
8/14/2008 11:50:18 PM

I've used Scottrade for 5 years. Great service, 14 bucks round trip.

I also use Tradestation. Very cheap commissions, .01/share, but you have to trade 5K shares a month to avoid 99 bucks in fees.

I'm getting ready to switch to interactive brokers. Very cheap commissions, and I have several friends who use them, and they offer a very good service.

guru_trader
485 posts
msg #66214
Ignore guru_trader
modified
8/15/2008 8:02:45 AM

I've got one of each: Scottrade, TDAmeritrade iZone, ThinkorSwim, Bank of America Investments, TradeStation and considering opening OptionsXpress account ... depending on which instruments I am trading, some have affiliations with software companies so many times I get discounted or free access to 3rd-party software (cool-trade, trade-ideas, prophet.net charts, etc.). I use ThinkorSwim the most for stocks, options and forex ... the fills are good and they are very responsive to software improvement suggestions ... several of my suggestions have been implemented in their desktop software over the last year ... oh, ya, and best of all, they send you an plush ThinkorSwim monkey! :)

I also use QuoteTracker linked to either TDAmeritrade iZone or Scottrade for data-feed.

I tried cool-trade a few months ago and I like the concept, but I had trouble understanding the software ... maybe I'll take another look at it.

alexgelf
6 posts
msg #66223
Ignore alexgelf
8/15/2008 11:44:43 AM

Try Interactive Brokers. $1 per trade plus $0.05 per share. You can trade any product available on the global market.

JohnnyE
1 posts
msg #66225
Ignore JohnnyE
8/15/2008 12:02:49 PM

I'm using TradeKing and have been happy. It's $5 per trade unless you like penny stocks. I've had good support with them - email, phone, live chat.

Jraspill
3 posts
msg #66658
Ignore Jraspill
8/25/2008 8:29:06 PM

Try Think or Swing.

Is a platform not a web browser .
It has market depth instantly
excellent charts and online chat support
specialized in Options
Is 0.015 US per share with 5 U$ min

guru_trader
485 posts
msg #66685
Ignore guru_trader
modified
8/26/2008 1:21:05 PM

that should be .... thinkorswim.com ... i like their desktop platform, it's pretty much all i use ... i would prefer that they display your current position on the chart, so that you can trade right off the chart. i asked them for this feature and they said they'd add it to their wishlist. instead, you have to flip back and forth between two tabs, "TOS Charts" and "Monitor" tabs ... the work-a-round is ... if you have multiple monitors you can split charts off onto separate monitors and simultaneously view your positions. this feature is great when you're trading more than 2 securities and you can't remember each position.

i like scottrade elite ($25,000 minimum required) b/c you get free access to trade-ideas.com intraday screens ... those screens can be very helpful ... and some of their screens sound very similar to the ones posted on our forums.

astroanalyst
48 posts
msg #66767
Ignore astroanalyst
8/28/2008 7:12:45 PM

FWIW...I wholeheartedly agree with Guru_Trader...I've been with TOS (ThinkOrSwim) for more than 2 years now after Scottrade, Ameritrade and E-Trade and haven't looked back :) Their platform is worth a demo...

Demo Link: https://www.thinkorswim.com/tos/displayPage.tos?webpage=softwareLobby&displayFormat=hide

HTH...

GLTY...

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Broker Comparisons<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.