StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · I need some advice about curtailing losses<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up
karennma
8,057 posts
msg #56430
Ignore karennma
11/5/2007 9:32:33 AM

well, at least they're moving in tandem.
let's all march together ... 1-2-3-
gap d-o-w-n!

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #56431
Ignore karennma
11/5/2007 9:38:43 AM

THIS is the dialogue I was trying to have with a person who will remain nameless ....
When you just "hold" stocks, you can get your shirt ripped right off of you, if you're "holding" at the wrong time.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #56432
Ignore karennma
11/5/2007 9:49:17 AM

ahhhhh ...
that wasn't so bad ...
kinda like getting a tooth pulled ...
the pain doesn't last long ...
:>)

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #56440
Ignore nikoschopen
11/5/2007 12:58:33 PM

Karen,

Do you remember when I said that both bulls and bears make money but the pigs will end up in a slaughterhouse? I don't care how much Warren Buffett is able to make in 5 years, as my 401(k) brethren are so bent on preaching. I'm only happy to have made enough for the day, however small that may be. And if I end the day with a small loss, let it serve as a big lesson for my future trades.

You don't need to capture every move, nor do you need to stay in a losing position because ure either afraid to take a loss or miss out on a potential reversal. Here I begrudgingly stand with TRO. I've seen too many daytraders, who turn into swing traders, only to end up as a poster child of 401(k) Warren Buffet wannabes.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #56442
Ignore karennma
11/5/2007 1:46:09 PM

Indeed!
Like that crap CROX I bot last week @ $49.00!!

petrolpeter
439 posts
msg #56443
Ignore petrolpeter
11/5/2007 2:11:22 PM

Sorry about your loss,couldn't you have gotten out pre market?Put DUG,DXD,MZZ,QID,SDD,SDS,SKF,SRS,TWM on the bottom of your trading screen and when the longs go down jump one of these with double leverage.The trading landscape has changed once again!

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #56446
Ignore karennma
11/5/2007 3:19:51 PM

Re: CROX
yeah, but I think it's on the rebound now ...
bottomed 15 minutes ago @ $40.31.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · I need some advice about curtailing losses<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.