StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · I trade just one stock, TRO-style<< 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 21 >>Post Follow-up
13th_floor
724 posts
msg #62094
Ignore 13th_floor
5/2/2008 7:57:04 PM

SPF sure is a beauty of a daytrader but it's not alone by any means.

All the following stocks PRINT $100+ bills on an almost daily basis (especially if you are not afraid to trade to the short side!)

My advice is pick a few and LEARN how they trade normally and use your 15 or 30 min chart.

Maybe some hard work but if you want to rack up big weekly gains,these are the ones to be involved in right now:

IMH COIN SPF ABK SYNM VLNC MESA XJT TLB XRM BONT MBI OCTL QTWW KOG PWER FBR FTWR EEE BZH VRNM LGDI CNOA FRPT CDL WCI HYTM RTK IMB DCR SEED AKNS GRO FBTX RDN DFR MGI VM TMA ABPI

Thanks go out to TRO for the RunForestRun stat scan and Muddy for his constant pounding into my brain of AverageDayRange for the use of picking up big daytrading gains.

SFMc01
358 posts
msg #62105
Ignore SFMc01
5/3/2008 7:16:39 AM

13th_floor: Thanks for your comments.

When thinking of a filter for use in daytrading, what parameters should I conaider when using "Average Day Range?"

Thanks ... Steve

13th_floor
724 posts
msg #62131
Ignore 13th_floor
5/4/2008 8:51:25 PM

'When thinking of a filter for use in daytrading, what parameters should I conaider when using "Average Day Range?"
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Steve,
Honestly I don't know as I only run and use what would be termed as "stat scans" now,not filters per se.
The stocks I listed in my above post are a COMBINATION of the highest rated RFR stat scan that have run 10%+ in the last 100 days AND superior average dayrange.
I've found this to be very powerful stuff.

There's a number of ways you can use them but the EASIEST and hardest hitting way I've found is by watching and waiting for one of these to either:
(1). Go from red to green and go long
(2). Go from green to red and go short
I'm talking only a few % red then to green or a few % green then to red.
Example would be an ADR30 stock of 10% being 2% red then going GREEN.
You've got 8% average left and many times you can get an easy few % to the upside and quick many times.
Sometimes you'll get lucky and get the big move as the stock continues to rise or fall depending if you're long or short.
Friday we had SPF going red from 2% green about an hour after the open.
SPF has nice 30 ADR of 9.51%
So on an average it still had 7.5% left in it.
Once momentum takes a stock one way or another you can usually grab a few % rather easly.
As it turns out SPF slid all day to wind up 12% down.
A perfect short.
FBR was the same way.
1% up it turned red with it's 10.84 ADR30 and finished 14.5% down for the day!
VM was another thats on the list.
4% green it went red with it's 9.7 ADR and finished down 13%.

One word of note,if you can't find shares to short on these low priced ones,InteractiveBrokers has almost any priced and every stock available to short.

13th

13th_floor
724 posts
msg #62143
Ignore 13th_floor
5/5/2008 10:57:43 AM

VM from 1.5% red to green,now FLYING over $4, 20% up!

SPF from 3% up ,now testing lod's , 8% down. SWEET daytrader!

IMB from 2% green,now lod red 7%

13th_floor
724 posts
msg #62149
Ignore 13th_floor
5/5/2008 11:34:49 AM

Been waiting days for MESA to finally go RED.

It just finally has.

In SHORT at 1.085

Tank baby tank

Plenty of short shares available

Symbol: MESA
Availability: 300'000
Exchanges: ARCA, ATD, BATS, BTRADE, CBSX, CHX, CSFBALGO, DARK1, DBALGO, DRCTEDGE, DRCTIOI, EDGEA, IDEAL, ISE, ISLAND, LAVA, NASDAQ, NASDAQQ, NITEECN, NSX, PHLX, TMBR, TRACKECN, MIBSX, IBSX

klynn55
747 posts
msg #62154
Ignore klynn55
5/5/2008 12:04:28 PM

h: you wrote: "Been waiting days for MESA to finally go RED."

MESA showed 14 red candles in the last five days, this might be a great example of what wait for GREEN or wait for RED means, why did you write the above, what is your scenario for expectations realized, thanks , kerry

and please one more thing what is your definition of a "superior average
dayrange"?

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #62157
Ignore TheRumpledOne
5/5/2008 12:43:11 PM

This thread getting off track.

"I trade just one stock, TRO-style" that's this thread.

If you have other questions about trading, please start your own thread and post them there otherwise, people will get confused.

Chip started this thread... please show him some respect.

klynn55
747 posts
msg #62161
Ignore klynn55
5/5/2008 1:49:41 PM

tro:

You won't let anyone learn will you? do a google search for superior average day range? I don't mind you not explaining but to intimidate others to not answer a question is'nt very ETHICAL! Is it?

13th_floor
724 posts
msg #62165
Ignore 13th_floor
5/5/2008 2:16:16 PM

MESA FALLING like a rock.

LOD now at .88
Making a bundle from 1.085 entry.

Kylnn, I'm talking about DAILY candles...Mesa had 6 green candles i(meaning it closed above yesterdays close) in a row,gap opens also!

Superior dayrange I term at at least 8%ADR(30)

klynn55
747 posts
msg #62166
Ignore klynn55
5/5/2008 2:22:51 PM

13th: im indebted!

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · I trade just one stock, TRO-style<< 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 21 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.